What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach for 2015 on

Who would you like to see appointed as Dragons Coach from 2015 on

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jenninga

First Grade
Didn't realise your eyes were that bad possm,sure many of us are relying on glasses as I am in regards to reading,hope things don't get too much worse.
Keep the posts rolling in whatever size fonts.

_Johnsy

Referee

I am very sorry if I am causing you and some others on here inconvenience. To post at this size is a difficult task for me.

No need to put $$ in for glasses, surgery or other treatment. I have plenty of $$ of my own. The fact is that nothing can be done for me.

Last week I was introduced to my new white cane which will no doubt soon become my best friend in my retirement years.

I enjoy the chat on this forum and if I can, I will find a way to rid you of the large blue print. This large blue print was suggested to me by my ophthalmologist and proved to be successful for me at this stage.

I have discovered, when you can't see what you are typing, it makes if very hard with spelling and grammar. I'd say I probably spend 3 times as long as most members on hear just writing my posts and then correcting all the errors. I have tried voice activation but it does not really help.

Enjoy your sight and look after your eyes. I really did not realize how precious sight is and I am sure you will only realize this if you one day find yourself in the same position.

Try and be a bit patient with me and I will do my best to solve this large blue print problem.

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss, Im leaning towards you are.

If not I apologise if I caused any offence.

possm

Coach
I'm not sure if you're taking the piss, Im leaning towards you are.

If not I apologise if I caused any offence.

No offence taken.

I only wanted to clear the air and let members know I was not just being a smart ass in using the large blue font.

mbk78

Juniors
Possm sorry to hear about your issues with your sight and can understand the need for you to type your replies in large font so that you can check before posting. Just curious though - how do you cope with reading other forumites' replies, given that in most cases the font size used is pretty small in comparison to the size you obviously prefer?

Willow

Assistant Moderator

I enjoy the chat on this forum and if I can, I will find a way to rid you of the large blue print. This large blue print was suggested to me by my ophthalmologist and proved to be successful for me at this stage.
Is it for all posts that you can't read normal sized black font that well?

For what it's worth, I'm happy to post in blue possm. Although I don't know why you'd want to read my crap.

But I prefer different colours. Would posting in red do the same job?

GT0007

Juniors
Possm sorry to hear about your issues with your sight and can understand the need for you to type your replies in large font so that you can check before posting. Just curious though - how do you cope with reading other forumites' replies, given that in most cases the font size used is pretty small in comparison to the size you obviously prefer?

I would do something like this and copy and paste it so I could read it I'd imagine

Father Ted

First Grade

For what it's worth, I'm happy to post in blue possm. Although I don't know why you'd want to read my crap.

Well does it?

possm

Coach

I am a clever dick. I copy and paste into word then I go to zoom and make the font as large as I want. It takes a lot of time but I enjoy the forum. You may notice I have now gone from size 4 font to size 3. It makes things a little slower but I hope it is more palatable for readers.

possm

Coach

Small black is difficult, red and green is very hard, near impossible.

Today I did some research and found that there is a mouse you can buy that allows you to zoom in or out of any page just by rolling the centre wheel. So tomorrow I am going to go and buy one. That should easily take care of the LARGE FONT problem. Let's just see if that solves the problem.

Tell me, if my fonts are normal size, would you mind if I stayed with the blue colour? For me it looks much brighter and easy to see as I type.

Father Ted

First Grade
Small black is difficult, red and green is very hard, near impossible.

Today I did some research and found that there is a mouse you can buy that allows you to zoom in or out of any page just by rolling the centre wheel. So tomorrow I am going to go and buy one. That should easily take care of the LARGE FONT problem. Let's just see if that solves the problem.

Tell me, if my fonts are normal size, would you mind if I stayed with the blue colour? For me it looks much brighter and easy to see as I type.

ctrl + will increase the page size and allow you to read it

possm

Coach
Well guys I have found the answer myself and it's been here all along.

Just go to View in the Windows Menu and select zoom and choose 300%. Problem solved. All posts zoom up to size without me having to cut and paste; it's great.

Thanks for prompting me to search for a solution. Only, do members and mods mind me keep the blue colour?

Last edited:

watatank

Coach
You can also just zoom in your whole web browser so you can read everything you want on the internet, not just this forum

You could easily look that up for the computer and web browser you use...

although I just read you mentioned the thing about the computer mouse which can zoom in. you can also do it on the keyboard

Last edited:

Father Ted

First Grade
Well guys I have found the answer myself and it's been here all along.

Just go to View in the Windows Menu and select zoom and choose 300%. Problem solved. All posts zoom up to size without me having to cut and paste; it's great.

Thanks for prompting me to search for a solution. Only, do members and mods mind me keep the blue colour?

You don't need permission