What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you pick in the PNG three quarter line?

Pommy

Coach
Mark Mexico won't get selected because the new selection policy for the Kumuls is NRL, Super League, QCUP and NSW Cup.

Players in the English Championship are no longer considered for selection.

Seems like a strange policy given next year Toulouse and Toronto will be in that league and both have enough money to entice decent enough players.
Granted this will be after the 2017 world cup.

jim_57

Staff member
Seems like a strange policy given next year Toulouse and Toronto will be in that league and both have enough money to entice decent enough players.
Granted this will be after the 2017 world cup.

Crazy really, fair enough with League 1 but Championship players should definitely be looked at.

Side note I always though Super League clubs could do a lot worse than to look to PNG for some real value players, a few of the Hunters players could make a real mark over there IMO.

Pommy

Coach
Crazy really, fair enough with League 1 but Championship players should definitely be looked at.

Side note I always though Super League clubs could do a lot worse than to look to PNG for some real value players, a few of the Hunters players could make a real mark over there IMO.

I have no idea if its possible from a visa point of view. For football non eu players have to have played a certain number of international games or if they are young they have to prove they are something really special.

jim_57

Staff member
I have no idea if its possible from a visa point of view. For football non eu players have to have played a certain number of international games or if they are young they have to prove they are something really special.

Good point, but there is a good handful in Championship & League 1 so surely Super League Clubs could make it happen.

From what I have seen of them playing, both Sheffield's Garry Lo (formerly with PNG Hunters) and Toulouse's Kuni Minga are good enough for Super League and perhaps even NRL. It is crazy not to consider them for PNG.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Unfortunately both Lo and Minga are wingers and that position plus hooker is one that the Kumuls have well covered.

mikail-eagle

Bench
With only 2 rounds to go the Hunters will wrap up the Intrust Super Cup Minor Premiership next weekend if they beat Wynnum Manly Seagulls in Port Moresby.

That is no mean feat in a very tough competition. I am pretty sure a good number of them could go well in Super League.

Latest posts