What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you prefer we have, Dufty or Dugan?

Dufty or Dugan

• Dufty

Votes: 88 93.6%
  • Dugan

Votes: 6 6.4%

• Total voters

Frank Facer

First Grade
Dufty has now played the equivalent of a full season in first grade. When Dugan signed with Cronulla some fans on this forum were not happy about us losing Dugan. Many of us had been calling for Dufty to be given a shot all last season. It took to round 20 and Dugan being out injured for Dufty to be given a run. Since then he has played every game for us at fullback. He is proving to be a match winner. I said last year after his first game that I would eventually do a Dufty or Dugan poll, but I wanted to give Dufty some time to prove himself and for us to get a better guage on him. He does have some deficiencies in this game, that hopefully he can iron out. He does provide us with X factor. I think you all know who I will be voting for.

ouryears

Bench
Dufty has now played the equivalent of a full season in first grade. When Dugan signed with Cronulla some fans on this forum were not happy about us losing Dugan. Many of us had been calling for Dufty to be given a shot all last season. It took to round 20 and Dugan being out injured for Dufty to be given a run. Since then he has played every game for us at fullback. He is proving to be a match winner. I said last year after his first game that I would eventually do a Dufty or Dugan poll, but I wanted to give Dufty some time to prove himself and for us to get a better guage on him. He does have some deficiencies in this game, that hopefully he can iron out. He does provide us with X factor. I think you all know who I will be voting for.
For sure FF, Dufty by a large margin.
When Duges played for us I never thought “Duges might still pull the game out of the fire for us”, whereas with Dufty, I am always confident he will create something from nothing and......try time!!

And to think he will just keep getting better.

Changa

Juniors
No contest.

It's been a long time since the Dragons had a player that could break a game open with individual skill and speed.
In fact I'm struggling to think of the last one?

Darius definitely had that. His skill was being able to create an overlap with pure speed and hit the right option on the sweep play everytime; serving up B Morris or Coops for many tries.
GF & WCC showed he could do it in big games most importantly.

With age and injury, he is a shadow of his former self now.

Life's Good

Coach
I’ve got no hate for Dugan. He was with us through a poor time & gave his all(irrespective of what plenty of fans want to hear).
Dufty is a different player who is exactly what we need. There is a tonne of upside with the speed he plays the game not only for himself but also the doubt he creates in opposition defence that will create space in our attack.
I’d like to see us develop a McInnes/Hunt/Dufty inside ball play like Melbourne did with Smith/Cronk/Slater to add a real good strike set play. Good times ahead.

Gareth67

First Grade
Let’s nebet ever talk about Dugan on this forum again. He is a negative player and need never to be discussed again

Agree RedVDragon , he now wears a different jersey and as such is no longer part of what could be a Dragon team intent on becoming premieres . He is now the same as the leaves in a winter wind - blown away and never to be seen again.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dufty in attack, Dugan in defence.

Agree..and yet Dufty has plenty of time to improve this aspect of his game...
Dugan will never be able to develop his speed to the level Dufty is at.whereas Dufty has time to improve his defence and made some good tackes last night ( Assiata ).
.Dugan has had 10 years in grade, Dufty 1 & 1/2 at the end of this year. In the 4 years Dugan was at the club, i cannot remember him winning us as many games as Matty Dufty...

Dugan is regularly injured and misses a large portion of the season and is on $750K...that's not great value..

Pretty easy choice...
Dufty will only improve his all round game over time but as far as his attacking prowess, he is the most dangerous player in our team.
Hi defensive deficiencies our outweighed by his X Factor.
Imagine that he only got his chance because of injury last year.

getsmarty

Immortal
I think it was DQ, but that’s ok, we need diverse opinions.
Thankfully Dufty is ours for now.
Young champion......

Of course we need diverse viewpoints..but when all the facts are layed out, some people refuse to reevaluate their opinions...but that's o.k ...let's not confuse people with the Facts LOL

Latest posts