What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would your coach be moving forward?

Who would your coach be?

• Michael Maguire

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Shane Flanagan

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Cameron Ciraldo

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Ben Gardiner

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Nathan Cayless

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Paul Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kristian Woolfe

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Tim Sheens

• Brett Kimmorely

• John Morris

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • other (please state)

• Total voters

WA Tiger

Bench
I originally voted for Madge to stay...I've now changed it to Woolf.

My reason is actually very simple - because all the fans have completely lost interest in our club. Every time we see a Madge press conference, Brooks running out in the #7 jersey, players looking completely disinterested or that flog Anasta bashing us on NRL360, it just reminds us of how far we have fallen since the short period of Ivan's tenure when we were playing to first grade standard.

If Madge and/or Brooks stays at the club, I feel like it will be a very very long time until we are interested again. A new coach and halfback instantly piques our interest and will give us fresh hope -- and buy the club more time to get their shit together.

If Madge is moved on, then it's clearly a 3 horse race between Flanagan, Ciraldo and Woolf. I voted Woolf because:
A - he's currently a head coach so understands what is required of him. Ciraldo has never been a head coach and it's been a lifetime (by NRL standards) since Flanagan was head coach
B - zero baggage. Ciraldo has the whole Penrith link to him so you can imagine the circus of us trying to steal their players but then to only be rejected etc etc. Flanagan comes with his own baggage for a host of reasons, all well documented
C - For the past 3 consecutive years, Woolf has only known success. I know ESL is a different beast, but this is a relatively young coach who understands the modern game and how to manage this generation of players. Ciraldo definitely has this same quality (you could argue even more so) but every head coach of every sport that has ever existed have said that there is so much more to being a head coach that you don't realize until you do it.

Just my thoughts...I realistically have no fkn idea what I'm talking about
All those coaches you mentioned are in unchartered territory except Flanagan…So there’s still a lot of “I hope he’s up to NRL level.. Or the virtually impossible WT Level…” We don’t need that gamble. Chances are we will lose.

The difference between Flanagan and Madge is Flanagan is able to communicate with, relate to and get on with the crew when needed. He’s currently at the dragons for a second time. First as an assistant coach and now as a list management guy. So they like having him around and they have gone out of their way to find another spot for him. That says a lot for anyone in any job that can achieve that. And he’s able to be humble while biding his time.

I read if they want to get rid of hook it will only cost them $450k. That’s possibly where they are heading with a top coach, and a proven good man to have around, ready to go.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
When Madge gets the boot I just can’t imagine any club wanting him as an assistant coach or list management guy. (Definitely not as head coach)

Last edited:
I want the sheenius back in charge of everything, lock stock and barrel. Make him CEO and head of everything else. Make him head, and only coach.

Not that I think he'll do a good job but at least the continuation of the absolute debacle we've become will be a laugh. Twal could be playing half by the end of the season. Plus it will easy to point the blame.

It'll also be funny watching his giant sized ego run riot while Rome (Or Balmain, ashfield, Campbo take your pick) burns

stryker

First Grade
Madge should have got the boot last year.
Booting him now costs us a lot of money and causes too much disruption.
Likewise Luke Brooks.
The positive opportunity to move on both men has gone.

macnaz

Staff member
SORRY FOR THE 2 WEEK TEMPORARY CLOSURE .
This thread has been repaired and is now working again and available to accept further replies.

gordsy

Juniors
I don't like Flanno but I think we need him with Wolfe as his assistant. Woolfe is too green to be able to stop merkins like Ronald, Sheens and Pascoe f**king things up.

Last edited:
I’ve always been under the impression Payten would be back here in some shape or form in the not so distant future
Same here Speedy. I like the fact they he stuck to what he wanted to achieve at the Cowboys this year, proof is (currently) in results and where they are sitting on the table.

Have always thought it strange that you have a 'Life Member' but he coaches against you.

I don't like Flanno but I think we need him with Wolfe as his assistant. Woolfe is too green to be able to stop merkins like Ronald, Sheens and Pascoe f**king things up.
Sure I read somewhere that Bennett is waiting on Woolfe to confirm the offer of assistant coach at the Dolphins.