What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whos Going To Replace Matulino

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I totally agree. It just never made sense to take a guy from a massive, top 2-3 props in the league season and change his role. Utter stupidity.

jaseg

Juniors
Where is Taylor playing?

Norths Devils in QLD cup. I was being a bit hyperbolic with that 'hell no', he's not going bad (actually fairly good). But there are better / bigger options playing at the same level (some of them already at our club).

legs 11

Juniors
Norths Devils in QLD cup. I was being a bit hyperbolic with that 'hell no', he's not going bad (actually fairly good). But there are better / bigger options playing at the same level (some of them already at our club).
yep but he would cost nothing.....isn't he the same body but a younger version of lillyman??

Cold Roses

Juniors
Matulino gone.

http://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2017/04/25/matulino_to_leave_at.html

The Vodafone Warriors have confirmed tonight that prop Ben Matulino has informed the club he will depart at the end of the season to join the Wests Tigers.

The 28-year-old made his 197th NRL appearance in his first outing of the season in the Vodafone Warriors’ Anzac Day encounter with the Storm in Melbourne tonight.

The long-serving Matulino, who is returning from an injury lay-off following knee surgery, informed club management at the weekend that he had decided to take up an offer from Wests Tigers. He said he wanted to experience living in Sydney with his family and felt he couldn’t turn down the offer.

Matulino told football staff and his team-mates of his decision in the dressing room after tonight’s match.

He said his focus is on finishing his last season with the Vodafone Warriors on a high after starting his NRL career with the club in 2008.

The Vodafone Warriors wish Matulino and his family all the best for the future.

LeagueNut

First Grade
The Vodafone Warriors have confirmed tonight that prop Ben Matulino has informed the club he will depart at the end of the season to join the Wests Tigers.
The NRL reminded all clubs recently that it's up to the recruiting club to announce player moves first, before the current club announces the departure. I wonder what excuse Doyle will use.

*Edit - never mind, the Tigers got in first. I'll shut up now.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Tof Sipley and Chris Matae step on up.

Im praying Lillyman is announced next to leave, that would be the cherry on the cake.

The warriors have improved but our cattle has been letting us down in the later parts of games. We need size and power. The above two have that.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Apparently Tolman, Eastwood and Kasiano are in the chopping block at the dogs to make space in the cap.

Not sure if we would look at any of those blokes.. maybe Kasiano?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Not Seumanufagai, he's off to the Sharks. Also read the other day that Kearney approached for Adam Blair, but Bennett said no. Thank god for that, if ever I could imagine someone treating us as a retirement option it'd be Adam Blair.

So the options narrow....Brenton Lawrence, Kane Evans (pretty sure the Eels will get him), Paasi maybe, we're not going to land a big fish though.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Not Seumanufagai, he's off to the Sharks. Also read the other day that Kearney approached for Adam Blair, but Bennett said no. Thank god for that, if ever I could imagine someone treating us as a retirement option it'd be Adam Blair.

So the options narrow....Brenton Lawrence, Kane Evans (pretty sure the Eels will get him), Paasi maybe, we're not going to land a big fish though.

Paasi wouldn't be a bad option if he decided he'd like to come home.

JJ

Immortal
Tolman is quality, I remember Michael Luck extolling his virtues when the Dogs got him from the Storm - but Warriors fans like (wrongly imo) more dynamic front rowers

I thought I read the Dogs re-signed him though?