What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's going where predictions

legend

Coach
Ok, with the June 30 deadline set to expire in a little over six hours, let's see who can get the most number of player movements correct.

Vagana - Sharks
Kearns - Sharks
Gasnier - U.K
Grothe - Sharks
Hodgson - Tigers
Timmins - Dragons
Davico - Tigers
Walker - Eels
Perry - Tigers

Spike

First Grade
I've got a feeling Perry is more likely to got to Parramatta than to the chop shop

Moffo

Referee
Vagana - Sharks
Gasnier - Will stay at Dragons
Perry - Parra
Hodgson - Tigers
Richards - Tigers
Pethybridge - Souths
Grothe - Souths
Davico - Stay at Canberra
Kearns - Stay at Melbourne
C.Wanker - Manly
Lomu - Sharks
McDougall - Souths
Prince - Tigers
Alberts - Broncos

Cheers,
Moffo

salivor

First Grade
I'm pretty confident that the Broncos won't be signing anyone as going into this season we had 19 players coming off contract. Its been a little hard to keep track of it all but I know Civoniceva, Meyers, Carlaw and Parker have all re-signed.
I don't know if anything has changed but we've got guys like DeVere, Berrigan, Prince, Ikin, Tate, Kelly, Seymour, Irwin, Lee, Swain and Ryan off contract. The Tigers have stated clearly they are going to get either Berrigan or Prince and I feel one of those may go. Swain will go to England and I'm bloody nervous about DeVere but I trust that he will stay loyal to the club thats made him what he is today.

maelgwnau

Juniors
Brett Hodgson - Tigers
Luke Davico - Tigers
Scott Prince - Tigers
Pat Richards - Tigers
Shaun Timmins - Tigers
Scott Pethybridge - Souths
Eric Grothe Jnr - Sharks

Spike

First Grade
Bailey said:
I've got a feeling Perry is more likely to got to Parramatta than to the chop shop

on second thoughts- i'm predicting he'll stay at newcastle ;-)

legend

Coach
Ok, so we know Cayless and Fittler re-signed with the Roosters and Perry and Abraham re-signed with the Knights.

My question is how the hell do these two clubs manage to fit all their players under the cap, especially the Roosters? I've tried to be conservative about what players must be earning but there is no way I can see how the Roosters can remain under the cap.

Can someone please explain it to me? :-k

Kiwi

First Grade
salivor said:
I'm pretty confident that the Broncos won't be signing anyone as going into this season we had 19 players coming off contract. Its been a little hard to keep track of it all but I know Civoniceva, Meyers, Carlaw and Parker have all re-signed.
I don't know if anything has changed but we've got guys like DeVere, Berrigan, Prince, Ikin, Tate, Kelly, Seymour, Irwin, Lee, Swain and Ryan off contract. The Tigers have stated clearly they are going to get either Berrigan or Prince and I feel one of those may go. Swain will go to England and I'm bloody nervous about DeVere but I trust that he will stay loyal to the club thats made him what he is today.

Tate and Seymour aren't off contract.

This is how I think some will go.

McGuire, Prince, Berrigan, Kelly, Minto and Frawley will remain Broncos.
Ikin - Retire
Swain - England
Lee - Cowboys
Vagana - Sharks
C Walker - Storm
Grothe - Sharks
Kearns - Stay at the Storm
Gasnier and Timmins - Stay Dragons
Hodgson - Tigers
Richards - Tigers
Lomu - Parramatta
Davico - Storm

legend

Coach
Kiwi, you better hope Ikin retires. ;-)
Do you think Brisbane will be able to afford to keep all those players?

Not sure on Davico going to Melbourne. I'd say either the Raiders or Sharks.

I heard Lomu is almost a certainty to end up at Cronulla, along with Grothe and Vagana.

Parra need some big names so I wonder who they'll end up with?

Kiwi

First Grade
legend said:
Kiwi, you better hope Ikin retires. ;-)
Do you think Brisbane will be able to afford to keep all those players?

Not sure on Davico going to Melbourne. I'd say either the Raiders or Sharks.

I heard Lomu is almost a certainty to end up at Cronulla, along with Grothe and Vagana.

Parra need some big names so I wonder who they'll end up with?

I think Minto will stay, he has only just made the grade and it would be stupid for him to leave. Frawley will attract very little interest from other clubs as this is his first year back from 2 years on the sidelines. Those two players will stay for little money.

Prince, McGuire and Berrigan I think will stay for less money than they'd get else where.

Kelly has only just shown what he can do, can't see him wanting to leave and start all over again at another club.

The thing with the Sharks is they don't need forwards, it's outside backs that they need, Parra on the other hand need some forwards. I think they'll either make a play for Lomu or Davico now that Perry is off the market. I think the Eels will also make a play for Prince as he is the best half coming off contract.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
As a Warriors fan I'm a bit of a passive observer in all this. The only regular first graders of contract with us are Swann and Carlaw. I think Carlaw is as good as gone, he's 28 now and has struggled with injury this season, and with our management's policy of favouring young players for long term development his chanes don't look too good. Plus they have stated that the only position that they have the chequbook out for is an oiutside back, which probably means a centre to replace Carlaw (or possibly a fullback). We definitely aren't looking for wingers, with Meli, Fa'afili and Murphy all on our books.
Swann I'm not so sure about, he's been a starting regular and in excellent form all season, however he is 28 now as well and we have a lot of depth in the second row (Lauit'iti, Guttenbeil, Faumuina, Te Mata etc) and has had clashes with the coach in the past. However I hope he stays as he's been a good servant to the club and can't be far away from elegibility for cap relief for long service.
As for who I'd like us to buy, a goalkicking centre would do me nicely.

legend

Coach
So far we have only a few player movements:

Andrew Lomu - Sharks
Glen Hall - Souths
Scott Pethybridge - Souths (why would anyone want him?)

legend

Coach
Unconfirmed: Michael Mongahan to Parramatta.

If it's true it's a huge blow to the Raiders but if there were any club i'd like to see him go to, it woulde Parra, my second favourite side.

brook

First Grade
Any player who
a) Has had 3 or more serious injuries in as many years
b) Has the football skills of a turnip
or
c) is on the wrong side of 30

and (this one is important)
d) wants at least 5 times his market worth

to the tigers :cry:

ozzie

Bench
legend said:
Ok, so we know Cayless and Fittler re-signed with the Roosters and Perry and Abraham re-signed with the Knights.

My question is how the hell do these two clubs manage to fit all their players under the cap, especially the Roosters? I've tried to be conservative about what players must be earning but there is no way I can see how the Roosters can remain under the cap.

Can someone please explain it to me? :-k

because you have no idea on what players are getting!! Its great to guess - 9 times out of ten your wrong..

legend

Coach
Well if you worked on an average of 200k per rep player and that's being highly conservative, let's do the math.

Fittler - 350k
Minichello - 200k
Finch - 190k
Morley - 200k
Wing - 200k
Fitzgibbon - 200k
Ricketson - 200k
Cayless - 180k

These are all conservative estimates and they add up to 1.72 million. More than half the salary cap and I haven't included Payten, Hodges, Cross, Hegarty, Cusack, Flannery, Crocker and the remainder that make up the 3.25 million cap. So what you are saying is the remaining 17 players are on an average wage of 90k?

Spike

First Grade
brook said:
Any player who
a) Has had 3 or more serious injuries in as many years
b) Has the football skills of a turnip
or
c) is on the wrong side of 30

and (this one is important)
d) wants at least 5 times his market worth

to the tigers :cry:

Darren Tracey :lol:

ozzie

Bench
legend said:
Well if you worked on an average of 200k per rep player and that's being highly conservative, let's do the math.

Fittler - 350k
Minichello - 200k
Finch - 190k
Morley - 200k
Wing - 200k
Fitzgibbon - 200k
Ricketson - 200k
Cayless - 180k

These are all conservative estimates and they add up to 1.72 million. More than half the salary cap and I haven't included Payten, Hodges, Cross, Hegarty, Cusack, Flannery, Crocker and the remainder that make up the 3.25 million cap. So what you are saying is the remaining 17 players are on an average wage of 90k?

guess who is paying for Payten - and still you don't know..your are whistling in the wind :-({|=