What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whose backing the WA Reds?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Everytime someone comes out and speaks positively about readmission of the Reds to the NRL add it to the list:

Brian Cullen
Michael Searle
Gordon Tallis
Steve Mortimer

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Darren Lockyer (in his collumn a while ago)

the storm CEO (Brian Waldron?) has also come out and called for teams in WA & SA, though not specifically the reds

Nuke

Staff member
Graham Annesley has spoken of his (and the NRL's to my suprise and doubt -given what David Gallop has said previously and since) desire to see a WA-based NRL team in the future, and gave encouragement of the work done by the WARL and the WA Reds.

David Gallop almost straight away then came out in the media and said something like 'If we look to expand anytime soon (and there's no expansion plans in place), another Queensland team is looking the most likely option'. He has also said of his (well, the NRL's) lack of desire to plonk teams in Perth, Adelaide, ect, just to "put dots on the map".

Perth Red

Post Whore
Garry Freeman on tonights NRL teams made a strong case for Perth to be readmitted (along with Adelaide). Worries me that the two cities are being lumped together as Perth is far ahead of Adelaide in terms of being ready for an NRL team imo.

Nuke

Staff member
Warren Smith (the Fox Sports commentator and the host of a few NRL shows) has his article in this week's BigLeague magazine about re-including Perth and Adelaide. It is titled 'Forget France: West is where we need to head'.

I'll type it up here for you all soon so you can take a gander at it. Coincidentally, it's also on the same page as the regular 'First & Last' feature ... this week's player being Corey Paterson. He doesn't, however, mention Perth, WA, or the WARL at all.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Shame, maybe the WARL could have a word in his ear about promoting where he came from when he gets an opportunity. I don't think many fans over East realise that we are already producing NRL players.

Robbie Kearns on his morning Sky news slot yesterday spoke positively about the readmission of the Reds.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Shane Webke has put his hand up to run the NRL and states he would admit Perth as a priority!