What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whose got their tickets?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not long to go till the NRL returns to Perth. Should be a good game and a rare chance to see some of the games stars. Hoping for a big turn out to send the NRL a loud message at a crucial period of expansion consideration. If we want an NRL team in the future this is the month we all need to committ to playing our part and making it happen. Talk as many mates as possible into going with you and lets fill NIB stadium.

Nuke

Staff member
I've got my tickets. I've got a further 4 people coming with me. I'm looking forward to it. I've told most of the people I am going with that we're all encouraged to wear red for the occasion, so hopefully most will. One won't, as he's a Brisbane supporter and will wear his Broncos jersey, but most of us should be in red.

Alehana

Juniors
wohoo cant wait, got some mates interested, went to the last one with about 10 of us, was awesome....have all tickets been sold?

Nuke

Staff member
I don't think so mate. They're still advertising ticket sales. I heard an ad on Nova for it this evening.

Swamp

Juniors
I have been told today that there are three buses leaving from the Warriors clubhouse & another one from Collie going to the game. I know that no-one from the senior squad made the game last year due to it being played on a Saturday so the numbers from Bunbury should be pretty good. Just hope the weather doesn't spoil the occasion.

Swamp

BDGS

Bench
What are the crowd expectations? I have read 15k, 18k and 19k. So which is the accurate one?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Depends on weather and walk up I'd say. Hopefully if it stays dry then I'd guess around 16k. Been away so not sure what the advertising has been like for it?

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Depends on weather and walk up I'd say. Hopefully if it stays dry then I'd guess around 16k. Been away so not sure what the advertising has been like for it?

Promotions have been strong.

Frequent, professional advertisements during both State of Origin matches thus far on FoxSports, and also on the delayed telecast via Free to Air (Channel 9 Perth) which would have reached both pay TV and free TV audiences during the largest TV NRL event of the year. Also plays an advert on Channel 9 essentially every night during delayed telecasts of regular matches as well (each week).

The West Australian has had several articles (some full page) which is great, since they have been very silent on Rugby League and the WA Reds for a while; the Sunday Times has continued their fortnightly reports which is fantastic; the newspaper this morning had a full page colour advert in the sport section. Additionally, radio advertising has also been operating.

Personally, I would not be happy with anything less than 17,000. I think 15,000 would be disappointing. I'd love more than 20,000 though we must remember the Australia v China basketball will be playing at Challenge Stadium simultaneously which may distract some casual fans. Of course, weather plays a role as well.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Damn the weather forecast looks miserable for tomorrow. Come on weather gods give us a break!

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Hopefully we get more than 20k, About 15 of us going all wearing red. Let's show these people what we're made of.

jargan83

Coach
I have had my tickets for a while, mate of mine is a dead keen Broncos supporter - not sure where I am sitting as he bought them, I know they cost $45 though

Isn't the capacity 20k?

22,000 with the temporary upgrades done for the Western Force 18 months ago

Perth Red

Post Whore
sun is shining! Please stay nice!

Great that we've sold 17K+, nice weather and we may get a good walk up from the city workers and be heading for 20K!

The WA Red Army will be out and about at the game recruiting more members, we are heading to the 400 members mark and want to top 500 after this game.

cleary89

Coach
Well done to anyone who was out there tonight. We've had a few of them over here, off the top of my head saints v sharks round 2, that manly game where they got 6k and the panthers where they also got 6k (wow all monday nights).

Looked like a decent crowd on tv. What was the crowd like there? Knowledgeable of the game?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yep very much so. I'd say 90% of them were die hard RL fans. Great to see alot more WA Reds stuff in teh crowd as well.

22k+ tickets sold!

Damn the rain, would have been great to see a full NIB.

Of the 25 of my group that bought tickets only 10 came and 7 of those were stuck in traffic and didn't arrive until half time. I saw lots leave before kick off, the rain was that bad. I would have loved a full house and free flowing rugby league. Never mind at least theres next year.

Nuke

Staff member
2010: One of the coldest Perth nights on record.
2011: Freak once-in-ten-year rain storm.
2012: Hailstorm? Snow?! Tornado?!