What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why all female hosts on TV?

undertaker

Coach
Jess appearance and on-air presenting reminds me a lot of Sally Bowrey. I remember Sally back in high school when she was presenting on The Weather Channel.

T-Boon

Coach
Well, looking at that pic, I must say Jess has got much better with age when you consider this is what she looked like in the early 2000s. Make what you will of these pics

jessica-yates-162048.jpg

I don't like the George Constanza hairline but otherwise not bad.

NrlVader

Juniors
Lara Pitt does some great work though, like getting back into shape so quickly after having a baby.

Looking hot as ever.

lara-pitt.jpeg

dogz08

First Grade
We get sarasassypants in the rabbitohs forum from time to time. It's refreshing to hear a completely different point of view. But like a lot of semi-regulars in the Souths forum she doesn't post much
well with rabbits20s meltdowns every time you guys lose.. it's understandable

NrlVader

Juniors
Jessica Yates knows how to handle Chris Gayle. Does not blush.

Check where Chris's eyes are looking and Bravo's reaction in the background after seeing Chris's hand on her butt.

image.php

Last edited:

Scorpio30

Bench
Ive noticed the increase in female presenters on Fox League this year. I dare not watch League Life as I assume its a clucking hens magazine/gossip show. But seriously...guys dressed up casual, casual/smart...then the women dressed up like they are going to a cocktail party to pull a wealthy financier...take off the clown paint, cover the skin, relax the hairstyles.

#womenarentsexobjects #hypocrites #respectwomen

Smack

Coach
Ive noticed the increase in female presenters on Fox League this year. I dare not watch League Life as I assume its a clucking hens magazine/gossip show. But seriously...guys dressed up casual, casual/smart...then the women dressed up like they are going to a cocktail party to pull a wealthy financier...take off the clown paint, cover the skin, relax the hairstyles.

#womenarentsexobjects #hypocrites #respectwomen

I agree but then again we wouldn't get pics like this..

4a32a84de63caadfd57d823ee1efb9dd

Galeforce

Bench
Simples

50% of the population are woman
Most of the 50% male population like woman
100% of mothers of children are woman
the woman presenters appearing are usually attractive , sensible and have great communication skills and have a reasonable knowledge of the game.
having an ex player teamed with a woman presenter like this makes more sense than having an ex player teamed with a male presenter who has not played.

If you have an objective to increase viewing audience (both men and woman) , increase children playing the game it is a NO brainer to increase woman presenters.

adamkungl

Immortal
One the one hand, most of them are very good presenters and seem to have a decent knowledge of the game, some of them even seem to be actual fans of them game (a few of them being transplanted Victorians isn't unique to female presenters).

On the other.. None of them are actually asked (allowed?) to provide any kind of real commentary or analysis on the game.
If you pay attention, they are very much presenters rather than commentators. They'll ask questions or discuss off field 'issues' around the game but never actually provide anything in depth about the play. That's left to Brandy, Braith, Gaz and Ennis.

So for me - they're good at what they do, but they don't actually do much that I care about right now. Is it a bit token/cynical? I think, yes.
I'm not against it, certainly easier on the eyes (and ears) than the usual boofheads that make up a footy panel, which is good since their job is to present.

Am i for more women in serious commentary/analyst roles? Don't really care. I'm not interested in diversity for diversities sake, couldn't give two shits.
If they're good, if they can hack it with the boys (and let's be honest, the bar is at about knee height with some of the shit ex-players come out with), get them in.

In a commentator I want someone who sounds good on the call, knows the game inside out and can point out things I wouldn't have learned from under 12s, and can call a game professionally without constant agendas or talking nonsense.
There aren't many going around at the moment.