What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why all female hosts on TV?

Brutus

Referee
Molan is a Raiders fan so she's ok with me. But seriously at least she has some passion for the game, i don't know why she gets bagged out so much.

Not much passion at all really. Vonny and Lara are the true leaguies.

thorson1987

Coach
Erin Molan looks like Mrs Bean to me.

latest

Perth Red

Post Whore
AFL shows vs NRL shows....the battle to have as many females on their shows to appease those that believe females MUST be apart of all sports shows.
If netball had a TV magazine style show, would you really want to hear the opinion of a male re goal attack or wing defense?

If he'd played the game, been a netball fan for life or was involved in the sport in some way. sure why not. We put up with listening to male journalists who seem totally under credentialed to speak about the RL so why not have a bloke discussing women sports?

Just like the AFL's massive promotion of the womens comp, this is about positioning your sport as multi generational, multi ethnic, multi gender.
Fact is women make most of the spending decisions in a household, make most of the decisions about what a child will or wont play and make up the majority of the countries population (just). Makes sense that you would want them connected with your sport and hopefully choosing to follow it and allowing their kids to play it. If this requires more females commenting on the game so be it, in most cases they are more interesting and enjoyable to watch than some of the blokes we have.