What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people call RU, 'rugby'??

Te Kaha

First Grade
Trouble is Te, you've already stated that rugby football is a generic name for the handling codes.

Thats prolly why the rugby union committee of the rfu referred to Football and Football clubs.
After all, the body who decides the rules, are sure to get the name of the game right, ey.

The rugby union committee of the irFb referred to rugby union Football and Rugby union.

Everyone is wrong 'cept you Te.

I thought unionites were big on history.

You've still got nothing... you can only deflect, if the IRB "prefered" "Rugby Union" as you claim they would change it in their consitition... but they havent so you are wrong..... So I will say it again...

The simple irrefutable, indisputable, incontrovertible, undeniable truth is... that the IRB define the game as "rugby football played in accordance with the Laws of the Game" so that is what the name of their game is, NOT "Rugby Union"... anything else is you blowing sh*t out of your mouth.

joedynamo

Juniors
Te Kaha said:
You've still got nothing...
Over one hundred and twenty yrs of documented use Te.

you can only deflect
:D

if the IRB "prefered" "Rugby Union" as you claim they would change it in their consitition... but they havent so you are wrong.....
Another of Te's famous logical leaps.
You stated the name rugby union was used to differentiate your sport from other codes pre 1895:
What game did the laws state you were playing?

Everyone is right 'cept you Te!

Te Kaha

First Grade
Over one hundred and twenty yrs of documented use Te.

:D

Another of Te's famous logical leaps.
You stated the name rugby union was used to differentiate your sport from other codes pre 1895:

Everyone is right 'cept you Te!

The english have been called Poms for over two hundred years... doesnt make it their name... once again you deflect... until you can prove the IRB "prefer" to have the sport they govern known as "Rugby Union", and by prefer i mean actually change it in their constitution... So I will say it again...

The simple irrefutable, indisputable, incontrovertible, undeniable truth is... that the IRB define the game as "rugby football played in accordance with the Laws of the Game" so that is what the name of their game is, NOT "Rugby Union"... anything else is you blowing sh*t out of your mouth.

joedynamo

Juniors
Spamming up the bored Te? You got it wrong again, huh.

The english have been called Poms for over two hundred years...doesnt make it their name
Now thats deflection.

until you can prove the IRB "prefer" to have the sport they govern known as "Rugby Union", and by prefer i mean actually change it in their constitution...
Thing is bud, Ima not trying to prove it to you.
Thanks for playing though.

me said:
:lol:

Te Kaha

First Grade
Spamming up the bored Te? You got it wrong again, huh.

Now thats deflection.

Thing is bud, Ima not trying to prove it to you.
Thanks for playing though.

You've still got nothing..... So I will say it again...

You still cant explain why they "prefer" "Rugby Union" yet havent changed their constitution, to actually change the name of the game to "Rugby Union".... until then your argument amounts to hot air.

Te Kaha

First Grade
You'd rather spam up your bored than answer a simple question :lol:

You still cant explain why they "prefer" "Rugby Union" yet havent changed their constitution, to actually change the name of the game to "Rugby Union".... until then your argument amounts to hot air.

joedynamo

Juniors
Fair enough. The question is too hard for ya and Ima out of rum.

:cool:

Te Kaha

First Grade
Fair enough. The question is too hard for ya and Ima out of rum.

:cool:

You first.. you have made a claim you cant back up.. i will answer after you have... until then...

joedynamo

Juniors
Te Kaha said:
You first.. you have made a claim you cant back up.. i will answer after you have... until then...
G'night Te.

Will 8 hours be long enough for you to think up an answer.

Football or rugby union.

Te Kaha

First Grade
G'night Te.

Will 8 hours be long enough for you to think up an answer.

Football or rugby union.

Latest posts