What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't we have 100 metre individual sprint at Auckland Nines?

Lambretta

First Grade
I'm all for it so long as participants aren't subject to a drug test, or if they are, it is adjudicated as out of season/not game day for penalties.

I reckon they have to see how fast they can run after 4 pills and 6 lines of coke

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
been giving this some serious though - and I think what I really want to see is either the cinnamon challenge, or dry weetbix eating - sort the men from the boys

Walpole

Juniors
I vaguely remember a League Olympics event that took place in the late 70s. Surely it's time to revisit that. Can't remember the events but what about;

Tug-o-war competition between the forward packs
4x100m relay up and down the field
Pass the ball comp complete with elephant sound each time a 10 is scored
Goal kicking comp, toe poke style
All in brawl, started from a scrum packed on halfway

Life's Good

Coach
What about a sprint between Albert & his alts?? At the same time on the same track?? Some Matrix sh*t if that could happen.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Remember gus telling about this once. Having straight line speed is awesome but it involves not having anything in front of you. If you went by "rugby league speed" you'd have to set a 40m sprint followed by a zig zag back the other direction then a swerving run for the try line. He wouldn't have won a straight out sprint but slater in his prime would have killed the above run. Somone like Tedesco today

DeeJ

Bench
George wasn't that slow, had a nice little step and could pass a sneaky ball. Under rated play the big fella.

Should be respected more

I saw George Rose at the Manly vs Brisbane game and he's blown up to double his old size.

kdalymc

Bench

Footy show sprint. More than a few no-names

Few things here
1. Best looking jerseys, however WHYYYY did we think XXXXL was cool?
2. Shannon Hegarty haha
3. Has anyone ever seen Mick Devers smile? I think it's up there with seeing Chuck Norris cry

Hawkins

Juniors
If you went by "rugby league speed" you'd have to set a 40m sprint followed by a zig zag back the other direction then a swerving run for the try line

And before the finish line Andrew Fifita swinging his forearm at your head.

Latest posts