What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is DCE getting a free pass?

Danish

Referee
DCE unquestionably cost QLD their first series loss in 9 years. When Cronk, the man many like to claim he is superior to, went down injured early in game 1 he had a great opportunity to show his skills on the biggest stage in the NRL.... and he was found wanting.

Terrible last tackle options throughout the evening destroyed the enormous attacking chances QLD had. Even with the game handed up on a platter with set after set on NSW's line, he couldn't come up with squat. Cronk would have iced that game with 10 minutes to spare if given that level of attacking opportunity.

Come game 2 and with none of this "oh, I'd only been training at lock" bullshit to get in the way, he completely shit the bed again. The greatest attacking chance of the game for QLD came when a clean break was made up the middle in the dying minutes of the first half. DCE took the ball in support.... then promptly decided to kick for himself instead of making the easy draw and pass to the support players lining up to score on either side of him. A sure try gone begging that would have seen QLD go into half time 10-0 up and surely have led to their victory.

The worst mistake however came when he all but gave Hodkinson a guided tour to the try line when the NSW no.7 strolled across for the winning play. His defence was absolutely embarrassing to say he least.

Frankly DCE's performance in game 2 stunk more than even Pearce's flaming turd of performance in game 3 last year, and that is saying something. But the golden boy of the NRL has been completely shielded from any criticism.

Noname36

First Grade
I tend to agree on the free pass...he still shouldn't be compared to Pearce though. If he loses them the next 7 or so series I might consider putting him in Pearce's category.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Difference being Pearce has done it for 12 SOO games and has about one-billionth of DCE's ability.

DCE unquestionably cost QLD their first series loss in 9 years. When Cronk, the man many like to claim he is superior to, went down injured early in game 1 he had a great opportunity to show his skills on the biggest stage in the NRL.... and he was found wanting.

Terrible last tackle options throughout the evening destroyed the enormous attacking chances QLD had. Even with the game handed up on a platter with set after set on NSW's line, he couldn't come up with squat. Cronk would have iced that game with 10 minutes to spare if given that level of attacking opportunity.

Come game 2 and with none of this "oh, I'd only been training at lock" bullshit to get in the way, he completely shit the bed again. The greatest attacking chance of the game for QLD came when a clean break was made up the middle in the dying minutes of the first half. DCE took the ball in support.... then promptly decided to kick for himself instead of making the easy draw and pass to the support players lining up to score on either side of him. A sure try gone begging that would have seen QLD go into half time 10-0 up and surely have led to their victory.

The worst mistake however came when he all but gave Hodkinson a guided tour to the try line when the NSW no.7 strolled across for the winning play. His defence was absolutely embarrassing to say he least.

Frankly DCE's performance in game 2 stunk more than even Pearce's flaming turd of performance in game 3 last year, and that is saying something. But the golden boy of the NRL has been completely shielded from any criticism.

:lol:

Bulldog Force

Referee
I wouldn't say it was DCE fault, it was a mix of and having an ageing nucleus and taking on the most enthusiastic NSW team in 9 years. Qld were given every opportunity to win game 1 in the last 3 mins, but they couldn't, and that is not solely because of DCE.

papabear

Juniors
DCE is getting a free pass he has been benched.

Pearce got free passes until he finally did something non football related to get dropped.

Snappy

Coach
hey-cool-story-bro.jpg

isaiah

Bench
I wouldn't say it was DCE fault, it was a mix of and having an ageing nucleus and taking on the most enthusiastic NSW team in 9 years. Qld were given every opportunity to win game 1 in the last 3 mins, but they couldn't, and that is not solely because of DCE.
what is all this 'given every opportunity' crap? if the ref's decisions were so bad, why were they kept for game 2, but now 1 is sacked?

steggz

Juniors

Hodges didn't help him at all. DCE was waiting for Hoffman to get the ball, like he had all night. More blame on the inside defender

Swarzey

Bench
Comparing his performance to Pearce is just laughable. Pearce had years of experience, DCE had minutes.

lockyno1

Post Whore
You recon DCE lost it...how about the bonehead Taylor when we were AHEAD flicking the ball to Aisle 1! Useless muppet...yes DCE didn't have his best game but then again picking proven failures like Taylor was worse. You pick a Josh MacGuire over Taylor absolutely guarantee he doesn't flick the ball on his own 30m line while we are ahead!

You recon DCE lost it...how about the bonehead Taylor when we were AHEAD flicking the ball to Aisle 1! Useless muppet...yes DCE didn't have his best game but then again picking proven failures like Taylor was worse. You pick a Josh MacGuire over Taylor absolutely guarantee he doesn't flick the ball on his own 30m line while we are ahead!

:lol: that was brilliant. That actually led up to the Hodkinson try. He was playing really well then he threw that pass and undone everything. I thought for sure that would be the end of Taylors origin career but I think QLD may have just found their version of Mitchell Pearce!

lockyno1

Post Whore
:lol: that was brilliant. That actually led up to the Hodkinson try. He was playing really well then he threw that pass and undone everything. I thought for sure that would be the end of Taylors origin career but I think QLD may have just found their version of Mitchell Pearce!

That fruitloop better not play 12 Origins! His first 3 or 4 have been bad enough and as comical as each other. He is just a fat lard that either drops the ball, does something stupid, or loses QLD games. Usually all 3. The worst thing is that this fat spud is playing on Wednesday...hope he is injured next year (only for 6 weeks) just so the dumb selectors won't pick him again!

Godz Illa

Coach
lol at Danish. Always scrambling to take attention away from Pearce but only succeeding in the opposite.

That fruitloop better not play 12 Origins! His first 3 or 4 have been bad enough and as comical as each other. He is just a fat lard that either drops the ball, does something stupid, or loses QLD games. Usually all 3. The worst thing is that this fat spud is playing on Wednesday...hope he is injured next year (only for 6 weeks) just so the dumb selectors won't pick him again!

Nonsense, he needs a few more series under his belt and he'll become the next Shane Webcke :lol:

Latest posts