What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why its' not a grand final replay

jack coburn

Juniors
dogs are without rahihni,smith and roosters without mullins,fletcher,bonetti,philips,hodges and cusak i think thats all,but the main thing is if the warriors and dogs were on the same side of the draw last year would they even had made the grand final

Southernsaint

Staff member
It's not a Grand Final "Replay" ("the Grand Final that never was") because C*nterbury came last in 2002 & couldn't even make the finals!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Dogs Of War

Coach
WHo cares. This year is this year, last year was last year. It's the media who won't let sleeping dogs lie. It should be a good game anyhow and let's enjoy that. Dogs by 13.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Dogs Of War said:
WHo cares. This year is this year, last year was last year. It's the media who won't let sleeping dogs lie. It should be a good game anyhow and let's enjoy that. Dogs by 13.

Well, I won't let the "lying Dogs sleep" - CHEATS!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

ChiaPete

Juniors
Why is it Roosters always bringing up 2002. Afraid to live in the present? Is that because you're afraid to lose?
Its 2003 and that is what we are playing for, the 2003 Premiership. Forget seasons gone, tomorrow nights match is for a place in 2003 Grand Final and the Bulldogs will gladly take it :D

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

Southernsaint

Staff member
ChiaPete said:
Why is it Roosters always bringing up 2002. Afraid to live in the present? Is that because you're afraid to lose?
Its 2003 and that is what we are playing for, the 2003 Premiership. Forget seasons gone, tomorrow nights match is for a place in 2003 Grand Final and the Bulldogs will gladly take it :D

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

I'm not a Rorters fan but what I will never forget is how "The Family Club" used illegal & deceitful means in 2002 & before to assemble a squad of players that is STILL playing in 2003 & has a chance of winning the Grand Final. Disgusting.

That's not living in the past, it's pointing out how events of the "past" are still affecting the NRL Premiership today...

Cheers,
Ben S

JK

Southernsaint said:
ChiaPete said:

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

I'm not a Rorters fan but what I will never forget is how "The Family Club" used illegal & deceitful means in 2002 & before to assemble a squad of players that is STILL playing in 2003 & has a chance of winning the Grand Final. Disgusting.

That's not living in the past, it's pointing out how events of the "past" are still affecting the NRL Premiership today...

Cheers,
Ben S

Have a cry why don't ya?

Jess

Juniors
LOL...it's not a "Grand Final replay" because we weren't even there. Even if we were it would be a rematch. It's a different year. Forget the past and bring on the Chooks :D

JK

Jess said:
LOL...it's not a "Grand Final replay" because we weren't even there. Even if we were it would be a rematch. It's a different year. Forget the past and bring on the Chooks :D

Exactly! This cry baby attitude from some people is getting beyond a joke. The dogs were punted into the wooden spoon - punishment done.

2003 is a new year 8)

miccle

Bench
I personally don't care about the whole "GF that never was" or GF that could've been" bulls*it! The fact of the matter is, we have two top teams that are going to play in an epic battle for a spot in THIS YEAR"S grand final. That's exciting stuff... and i don't reckon ya need to see it in any other way. Is anyone pegging the panthers/warriors match as "the wooden spooners of 2001 up against the guys who got smashed in last years gf?" NO they're not. Live in the present people!

Southernsaint

Staff member
JK said:
Jess said:

Exactly! This cry baby attitude from some people is getting beyond a joke. The dogs were punted into the wooden spoon - punishment done.

2003 is a new year 8)

Yeah, what a punishment - defered payments for one year while the team is actually strengthend - and a bonus at the end of the year :roll:

If C*nterbury win the Grand Final this year it should carry a big *

Cheers,
Ben S.

JK

Southernsaint said:
JK said:
Jess said:

2003 is a new year 8)

Yeah, what a punishment - defered payments for one year while the team is actually strengthend - and a bonus at the end of the year :roll:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Yep. Lovely world you live in - glass is always half empty eh?

Southernsaint

Staff member
JK said:
Southernsaint said:
JK said:
Jess said:

2003 is a new year 8)

Cheers,
Ben S.

Yep. Lovely world you live in - glass is always half empty eh?

Not necessarily - I'd just like some justice done...

Cheers,
Ben S.

dice

Juniors
You can't compare because they are two different teams. The roosters also caught everyone with their pants down last year and it is not the case this year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
lets get some thing straight here

the GF rematch would be Roosters V Warriors because they were the team invoverd in last years GF, not Roosters V Bulldogs...... the sydney media have a very short memory

The GF that never was could be anything from Canterbury V Roosters to Souths V Manly, thus why its called the GF thast never was, meaning it never took place......

And finally 2002 has didly squat to do with 2003, it is a new year, with new teams, new players and the emergancies of new forces (penrith and canberra) so how it can be compaired to 2002 it beyond me

i think its time we let 2002 die, it's soooo last season, the fact this is continually being brought up is dragging our great game through the dirt.... lets not let this event become another super league, where a teams are still being brought down by certin fans for their involvment............... LET IT DIE

Latest posts