What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why no live Toyota Cup telecast on a Monday

MSIH

Bench
Have wondered the same.

Possibly not much of an audience due to work commitments?

GongPanther

Referee
Good point.

Better than having to watch the drival on the other channels at that time of the day including pay tv.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Whoever mentioned the lack of audience is bang on. The game kicks off at 4:45pm, so most day-workers would miss the first half if not the whole match...

Bumble

First Grade
I don't really buy in to this lack of audience reasoning...there's three sports channels and I'd wager that at that time of day, no matter what you put on, it's not going to rate. May as well show the NYC...the cameras are already at the ground ffs

BOMAR

Juniors
monday coverage would be good. There are only two games a week, but you may as well say there is only one, cause nearly every week one game is warriors.:(

Fein

First Grade
I love watching the Toyota Cup, regardless of who is playing so yeah, more games please Fox.

NRLMad

Juniors
I believe it has something to do with the fact that they only signed up to 2 live games as part of the last contract. The stabndard is OK - seems to be getting better.

Timbo

Staff member
If noone is watching they'll get no advertising revenue which means there's no way to offset the cost of production.

Therefore it's cheaper to show the Helsinki international curling tournament or whatever.

Latest posts