What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why no questions on Kearney?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Taylor gorn
Griffin under question.

Yet the bloke with the NZ spine is 3-5 and no questions.

I blame JJ

JJ

Immortal
Taylor gorn
Griffin under question.

I blame JJ
I guess because Kearney's record as an NRL coach leaves no room for questions? It's pretty clear what sort of NRL coach he is...

Taylor gorn
Griffin under question.

I blame JJ
By year 3 there will be plenty of questions if results don't follow.

He inherited the team, he has to be given a chance, it not like we were world beaters before he took over.

You will just have to wait for Staceys turn.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I guess because Kearney's record as an NRL coach leaves no room for questions? It's pretty clear what sort of NRL coach he is...
Assistant Coach no doubt... The lads played we played well, but lost.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Is an interesting situation to watch unfold

As a neutral, warriors games were always among the most interesting entertaining to watch. For me so far this season under Kearney they have turned into a dour team to watch with no offloads etc to bring some second phase into play

He needs to find somewhere in the middle of those styles to be successful in the coming years

A lot is made of the world class spine, looks great on paper, but in reality when you build that behind a popgun pack management hasn't performed well enough for me. Priority should be finding a forward with a bit of punch in him, especially with Matulino departing

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Is an interesting situation to watch unfold

As a neutral, warriors games were always among the most interesting entertaining to watch. For me so far this season under Kearney they have turned into a dour team to watch with no offloads etc to bring some second phase into play

He needs to find somewhere in the middle of those styles to be successful in the coming years

A lot is made of the world class spine, looks great on paper, but in reality when you build that behind a popgun pack management hasn't performed well enough for me. Priority should be finding a forward with a bit of punch in him, especially with Matulino departing

Fair call. Worth noting though that that's pretty much how Cleary got results from them- instilling discipline and getting them to play percentages first and earn the right to be flamboyant. Of course he had an inferior spine, but he arguably had a better pack.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Bellamy has had a world class spine, he gets the rest to work around them cheaply.

Kearney is an assistant in charge of champions..going no where

Rich102

Staff member
I guess we are stuck with him for at least 3 years.
Let's hope he can coach.

WellsNZ

Juniors
This team has been a coaching carousel for how long? You can't keep bailing on coaches and you certainly can't start bailing on Kearney this quickly when you're expecting him to clean up years of mess.

Fixing this club is going to take time. You can't keep looking for the quick fix changing coaches to try to band-aid the deeper issues. Kearney needs a chance to weed out the rot, make the recruitment changes he needs etc. If you can't give him that opportunity then you shouldn't have him to begin with.

Also they haven't even had the spine the whole season. Reality remains that the pack is shit and they aren't the contenders the media hyped them to be because of it.

Latest posts