What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the Silence from the USARL?

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
I like some of your posts Dealwithit but sometimes you speak out of turn and a bit opinionated. Also some stupid ideas that are a bit left field in my opinion. I hope this doesn't offend you. Just my thoughts anyway.
I guess we just have to deal with it lol.

Fighter

Juniors
The 2017 season kicks off on the 3rd June but you wouldn't know it by going to the USARL website. The schedule is still showing the 2016 fixtures. Very few of the clubs have bothered with any recent updates. The Rebellion website doesn't even load any more. Why the apathy? Weren't we promised a new dawn when the USARL became the governing body for the sport in the USA? It's getting to be same old, same old IMO.

What do you want to know DP?

Only just realised the Sharks are out this year too.

So since being handed the World Cup, and with the national team in a World Cup this year, the league is now down two clubs. You'd expect it to be growing.

Deeecoreturns

Juniors
And it will my man. You've got to remember that the league can't organise every club on and off the field. While it's important all clubs grow, some simply are not being run properly. It's a shame but every club can't be handheld and some WILL come and go for years to come

deluded pom?

Coach
What do you want to know DP?
Just basic news Ryan rather than logging on to a website that has references like we are still in 2016 or in the Sharks case 2013. The Rebellion don't even have a website now. Laurence used to come on here regularly and keep anyone interested up to speed but he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

deluded pom?

Coach
Well Ryan, I've literally just checked all of the USARL team's websites and not much has changed since I started this thread. Only a handful of websites have anything less than a fortnight old on them. The Knight's website only has a schedule update, Boston is trapped in 2016 as are the Black Foxes and the Wombats. There are two days left before the season kicks off. Not impressive at all. If you want to attract people to get involved in the game over there then you have to give them something that is current and will catch their eye not something that looks like it was last updated in the year dot.

Golden point

Juniors
Well Ryan, I've literally just checked all of the USARL team's websites and not much has changed since I started this thread. Only a handful of websites have anything less than a fortnight old on them. The Knight's website only has a schedule update, Boston is trapped in 2016 as are the Black Foxes and the Wombats. There are two days left before the season kicks off. Not impressive at all. If you want to attract people to get involved in the game over there then you have to give them something that is current and will catch their eye not something that looks like it was last updated in the year dot.
Wow! Your league most be killa! How many years have you been running a countries competition for? You must have gotten a great deal with the people who manage all your websites, scheduling and so on? You must be run off your feet to considering you got your start up country in the world Cup! How much are you doing for the game? Surely you don't just bag the people who are ??

adamkungl

Immortal
Wow! Your league most be killa! How many years have you been running a countries competition for? You must have gotten a great deal with the people who manage all your websites, scheduling and so on? You must be run off your feet to considering you got your start up country in the world Cup! How much are you doing for the game? Surely you don't just bag the people who are ??

I don't think it's asking too much in 2017 for a World Cup playing (and soon hosting) country to have an up-to-date website and information for each club.

That site, the new site looks slick. Hopefully the standards are kept high.

There are far worse ones around. As i've said earlier, minimum communication standards should be a requirement of RLIF membership. It might seem onerous for developing leagues, but the RLIF already ask for minimum governance standards and other things.

Golden point

Juniors
I don't think it's asking too much in 2017 for a World Cup playing (and soon hosting) country to have an up-to-date website and information for each club.

That site, the new site looks slick. Hopefully the standards are kept high.

There are far worse ones around. As i've said earlier, minimum communication standards should be a requirement of RLIF membership. It might seem onerous for developing leagues, but the RLIF already ask for minimum governance standards and other things.
Until you lot start doing something for the game yourselves, stop winging.

adamkungl

Immortal
Ok shut up the forum guys, only people who run sports leagues are allowed to comment from here...

deluded pom?

Coach
If the teams themselves don't seem interested then why would anyone else? I'm not au fait with running a website but how difficult is it to update it once in a while as opposed to once a year? The Boston 13s are now coached by a former SL player but you wouldn't know it from their website. The Canadians have fewer teams but still manage to put regular news updates on their website. I'm not asking for the earth. If it makes you happy I won't take any interest in RL because I'm not involved in running a team. Please accept my humble apologies.

Golden point

Juniors
If the teams themselves don't seem interested then why would anyone else? I'm not au fait with running a website but how difficult is it to update it once in a while as opposed to once a year? The Boston 13s are now coached by a former SL player but you wouldn't know it from their website. The Canadians have fewer teams but still manage to put regular news updates on their website. I'm not asking for the earth. If it makes you happy I won't take any interest in RL because I'm not involved in running a team. Please accept my humble apologies.
O so you're not doing anything for the game but just criticize the ones that are... what a loser. Why are You Asking For anything ? What do they owe you? Just watch the NRL if you need to be updated regularly and get off the case of the good men that are trying to get the great game a foothold in the most congested sports market in the world. Because anything they do will be more than you.

I find it hard to criticise an organisation as small as the USARL for falling short in a range of areas. The league is literally smaller than most country groups and they usually fall down in the same areas and don't have to jump on a plane for playoffs and run an international team and they are in an RL area.

Having said that, if the game is to grow there so that it can be something much bigger and host major events and so on then it does need to do a lot of work in a lot of areas. How they achieve that is the big question.

deluded pom?

Coach
O so you're not doing anything for the game but just criticize the ones that are... what a loser. Why are You Asking For anything ? What do they owe you? Just watch the NRL if you need to be updated regularly and get off the case of the good men that are trying to get the great game a foothold in the most congested sports market in the world. Because anything they do will be more than you.
Careful up there. I wouldn't want you to fall off that high horse of yours. By the way, do you have any idea what the blue banner is at the bottom of my posts?