Why the Silence from the USARL?

Discussion in 'North American Rugby League' started by deluded pom?, May 17, 2017.

1. 1st & 10

1st & 10 Juniors

Sorry if I am behind here, but being an old Dragons man, is David Nui still involved with US league ?

Go tomahawks

2. Emu01

Emu01 Juniors

No he was with the old association. A few years ago another competition formed in USA which eventually became the stonger competition.

David Nui stuck solid with original competition but in the end all the players defected to the new Usarl. Leaving him with nothing.

1st & 10 likes this.
  3. deluded pom?

deluded pom? First Grade

I believe Niu still tweets using AMNRL. His tweets rarely mention rugby league though from what I’ve seen.

4. clarency

clarency Juniors

Unfortunately for Niu it was a classic case of "live long enough to become the villain". People were unhappy with the lack of transparency, and how he was running the league. Niu wasn't receiving their concerns positively and ultimately several of the teams defected.

The new league (USARL) is a fairly democratic set up based in response to the AMNRL. The two leagues competed for a few seasons but the AMNRL went into gradual decline and now is defunct. The stronger teams moved to the USARL and Niu moved onto work in Arena Football and now is with Rugby 7s http://www.rugbytoday.com/7s/niu-tabbed-launch-super-7s-2018.