What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the theatrics?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that interview only served to give Woods a right of reply.

Which in turn drags this shit on again. The ongoing circus will only serve as a deterrent to possible future recruits.

He keeps biting at the drivel Woods sprouts. And Woods has a weekly spot on nrl360, so it'll keep being a talking point

Tiger05

First Grade
MU - I disagree with that comment. We've been copping it for a while and Woods has been an absolute merkin. The other two merkins are just as bad.

I watched the interview and Pascoe to me handled it well. He didn't bite at the drivel that Woods was peddling to me at all. The media try and make out that the club is to blame when clearly it's Woods and his f**kwit mates.

I think soon this shit is going to be over. If we can get some more signings for next year and we win games next year the club will look good.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I agree with MU. John Howard was a very effective example of shutting down the conversation simply through keeping his mouth shut. Pascoe would be well served to follow this example, as it is bloody effective.

Clifferd

Coach
Just watched Pascoe on League Life.

Both he and Woods are as dumb as each other.

Neither wants a war with the other or for the distractions to continue, yet they keep stringing this shit out.

Pascoe didn't say anything really at all. Which just made things worse. He felt the need to defend the club and that does nothing but create more headlines.

As a CEO you need to pick your times when to go public and went to shut your trap.

Pascoe needs to learn that.

I thought he handled himself well actually unit

Around about now is the perfect time to go public and end all this agenda crap that is clear against the WT

Bet the journos were gobsmacked to hear that the tigers are heading in the right direction

Despite being bombarded with anti Wests Tigers comments, thought he defended the club well and made us look respectful

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
MU - I disagree with that comment. We've been copping it for a while and Woods has been an absolute merkin. The other two merkins are just as bad.

I watched the interview and Pascoe to me handled it well. He didn't bite at the drivel that Woods was peddling to me at all. The media try and make out that the club is to blame when clearly it's Woods and his f**kwit mates.

I think soon this shit is going to be over. If we can get some more signings for next year and we win games next year the club will look good.
If Woods is being a merkin, then that is even more reason not to respond to him. By replying to him you are validating his comments.

Pascoe continually doing interviews about this issue is only serving to prove Woods right and prove that the clubs board has no f**king idea.

Clifferd

Coach
This is the RL media

*Feels sorry for Aaron Woods for not receiving communication from the club for 3 weeks (despite Pascoe saying numerous times they've been in contact with his manager)

Fails to recognise Aaron Woods had a contract on the table since late last year, concession agreements, got a new coach, explored a new direction into the clubs future and still thinks he's hard done by

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought he handled himself well actually unit

Around about now is the perfect time to go public and end all this agenda crap that is clear against the WT

Bet the journos were gobsmacked to hear that the tigers are heading in the right direction

Despite being bombarded with anti Wests Tigers comments, thought he defended the club well and made us look respectful
I didn't say he didn't handle himself well. I'm criticising him for doing it in the first place as it keepd the fires burning, no matter what he says.

Next week Woods will be asked about Pascoe's comments again.

A fire can't burn without oxygen.

Clifferd

Coach
I didn't say he didn't handle himself well. I'm criticising him for doing it in the first place as it keepd the fires burning, no matter what he says.

Next week Woods will be asked about Pascoe's comments again.

A fire can't burn without oxygen.

To be fair I reckon that'll be his final public response

He seemed fairly disgruntled over Woods interview on Sunday, so I think he wanted to come out and bury it all for good.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know that was his intention, but he's been stamping on this fire since that farcical 'interview' he had on the radio with dickhead hooper bellowing at him.

The statement to fans not to boo Woods was dumb. He needs to step away from the media.

I know that was his intention, but he's been stamping on this fire since that farcical 'interview' he had on the radio with dickhead hooper bellowing at him.

The statement to fans not to boo Woods was dumb. He needs to step away from the media.

Yeah, he's conceded that was a stupid move in retrospect.

I think he will step away now. He's effectively addressed all that went on from the clubs perspective, there's nothing new to add to it and so no further comment will be required. I will be disappointed if he continues to from here on in.

Tiger Ted

Bench
That was well handled by Pascoe. I really think the club is well managed. We've just built a club around 4 players of which 3 are complete merkins.

I think this may actually be better for us in the long run. The only player that I think we will suffer from losing is Tedesco. I think there is a possibility that we suffer long term with Moses moving on. I think Moses could be a real quality player. Moses though can be really really shit. I don't think Woods is going to change his game. He will always be a metre gainer without a lot of impact. I think though all 3 are better off on someone's else's books for the money they wanted and the prima-donna attitudes that they have.
They r all expendable & we have dodged some bullets by not having a disproportionate chunk of our cap tied up with the 3 puppets.We will have a stronger & more balanced roster by spending our cap shrewdly as is already evident by the signatures we've made since IC arrived @ Concord.

Tiger05

First Grade
If Woods is being a merkin, then that is even more reason not to respond to him. By replying to him you are validating his comments.

Pascoe continually doing interviews about this issue is only serving to prove Woods right and prove that the clubs board has no f**king idea.

I don't think Pascoe is continually doing interviews and I think he has handled himself well.

The club is getting hammered. Someone needs to step up and state something. He did that in a very calm manner.

Now all we need is more signings and a winning season next season.

Tiger05

First Grade
They r all expendable & we have dodged some bullets by not having a disproportionate chunk of our cap tied up with the 3 puppets.We will have a stronger & more balanced roster by spending our cap shrewdly as is already evident by the signatures we've made since IC arrived @ Concord.

Exactly. I hate the merkins but I think that we are going to come out of this way ahead.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think Pascoe is continually doing interviews and I think he has handled himself well.

The club is getting hammered. Someone needs to step up and state something. He did that in a very calm manner.

Now all we need is more signings and a winning season next season.
He's had 2 radio interviews and this one on League Life.

In a month.

Fact is, he's doing too much defending over this nothing story and that is doing more harm than good.

Tiger05

First Grade
MU - that is your opinion. To me he is handling this fine. He admitted telling fans not to boo was dumb and I'm glad he did that. I don't think he has done too many interviews at all under the circumstances. I honestly reckon he is handling this well. He is in a tough situation.

I also think that this is going to die down soon.

Judging by the reception he got from Hollis and Pitt on League Life it's clear that Fox is in Woods' corner and is not interested in airing both sides of the story. They go easy on Woods with their line of questioning and he gets a rails run. Pascoe turns up, tries to explain the clubs position and constantly gets interrupted.

Anyway I agree with Unit, the club has said their piece and now needs to walk away from it and allow Ivan to continue the recruitment drive without shit in the background putting off potential signings. Obviously we're not as toxic as the News: Limited media would like everyone to think.

Clifferd

Coach
Wests Tigers are a hot topic for all media scum and they'll be pleased to report more "bad news" that Tedesco is leaving the club

The more the Tigers ignore this sort of trash and focus on resignings and winning football games the better we will be

The gutless media f**ks would rather see the Tigers dead and buried before they admit we are in one of the strongest positions we've been in years

Wests Tigers are a hot topic for all media scum and they'll be pleased to report more "bad news" that Tedesco is leaving the club

The more the Tigers ignore this sort of trash and focus on resignings and winning football games the better we will be

The gutless media f**ks would rather see the Tigers dead and buried before they admit we are in one of the strongest positions we've been in years

There's no frenzy in a good news story.

Put people in front of a car accident or man pulling a cat from being stuck up a tree and tell me which one they'll rubberneck at.

Latest posts