What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why won't 9 show the All Stars game on GEM in VIC/SA/WA?

Do you consider not showing the game as being racist?

• Yes

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LESStar58

Referee
Don't get me wrong, I love heading down to the Limerick Arms in South Melbourne and have Guinness put in front of me by a steady stream of hot Irish bargirls and watching the All Stars as much as the next person but this is pretty piss weak.

They show GF, Origin and Tests LIVE into Melbourne during the ratings period but won't show a trial game. Makes no sense. And the problem is nobody at the NRL has the balls to step in.

mokn

Juniors
The grand final wasn't even in HD what do you expect from them.
I really hope 10 wins so i don't have to touch 9 again.

LESStar58

Referee
I'm afraid that Ten would treat RL worse than Nine do! Ten is notorious for AFL loving and rugby league bashing! Look at what happened in 2007 when Helen Kapablitos wanted to be a Storm ambassador and Ten said "no" cos they are an "AFL network".

El Diablo

Post Whore
things have changed

they no longer have AFL and they do have an NRL show

their news is very much AFL loving still though. i wonder if that's because of the read headed Victorian

undertaker

Coach
happy im outta vic :)

Then howcome it says your location is Melbourne?:?:?

Nevertheless, glad I dont live in Melbourne. Only have visited the place to eat the nice Italian/Greek food there, but that will be as far as it goes (before the likelihood of bumping into someone whose first question is "So which (AFL) team do you support?")

i was staying Melbourne the weekend of the games last year and ch9 didn't show it til 1am, foxsports replayed it at midnight.

sheepbender

Juniors
Then howcome it says your location is Melbourne?:?:?

Nevertheless, glad I dont live in Melbourne. Only have visited the place to eat the nice Italian/Greek food there, but that will be as far as it goes (before the likelihood of bumping into someone whose first question is "So which (AFL) team do you support?")

I moved down near on 2 years ago from Brisbane(for a girl)(worst mistakes are made for girls) and yea I get that question all the time, but its always phrased "So, who do you barrack for?"
Ill either say the Broncos or Warriors, and it throws them immediately, they dont know what to make of it.
Victorians cant comprehend the idea that someone could like a sport other than AFL..

And actually playin footy is rather hard depending on where you live, and I live right in the city.. Nearest club is 45 mins by tram/train/bus..

Perth Red

Post Whore
We need to keep spamming up there Facebook site and email blitzing them till they get the message!

Lambretta

First Grade
Are Channel 9 racist? A letter to the SMH

[FONT=&quot]Dear SMH[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It has been brought to my attention that Channel 9 have decided not to broadcast the Rugby League All Stars game in Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth this weekend (unless it’s a severely delayed broadcast starting after midnight). This is even when they have GEM, Go and Channel 9 to choose to broadcast on in those regional centres.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The All Stars game is one of the real highlights in the Rugby League calendar promoting the contributions that Aboriginal players make to our great sport.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The game also promotes health and education issues for indigenous Australians and showcases the harmony, friendship and sense of inclusion that Rugby League extends to people of all races, colours and creeds.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So with no other sporting events being shown this weekend, Channel 9’s decision not to broadcast this game can only be viewed as racist as they obviously don’t want Aboriginal people in remote areas outside of New South Wales and Queensland to see how the Rugby League community in Australia is proud of their links to the Aboriginal community.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yours sincerely[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]