What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why won't 9 show the All Stars game on GEM in VIC/SA/WA?

Do you consider not showing the game as being racist?

• Yes

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

newman

First Grade
I moved down near on 2 years ago from Brisbane(for a girl)(worst mistakes are made for girls) and yea I get that question all the time, but its always phrased "So, who do you barrack for?"
Ill either say the Broncos or Warriors, and it throws them immediately, they dont know what to make of it.
Victorians cant comprehend the idea that someone could like a sport other than AFL..

And actually playin footy is rather hard depending on where you live, and I live right in the city.. Nearest club is 45 mins by tram/train/bus..

Reminds me of a funny story. I work for a Swiss company. We have two offices in syd and mel and we only see each other once a year at a conference. We got a new MD from Europe and most of the Melb guys hadn't met him so we were talking sport. Now, our MD role involves taking clients to a lot of different sporting events, we have a box at ANZ stadium and the Oz open so he had to get a pretty broad knowledge of Aussie sport pretty quick.

The Melbourne guys were all hanging on his every word cause they don't get much opportunity to brown nose (take it as read they all love AFL) as he was espousing his enjoyment of Jarryd Hayne and Cricket. Then he says "but I really can't stand this AFL. Disgusting game. Stupid. I hate it" (the Swiss are blunt).

One bloke, a kangaroos loving simpleton, actually spat his drink out. He was like "you. Actually. Prefer. Rugby?" and the boss is like "hell yes, I prefer anything" and all the Sydney boys are like "whoooooo!". He was never going to argue, so he just sat there with this dazed look on his face, shaking his head and going very, very red. He actually could not comprehend it. Couldn't cope with it.

Panfas

Juniors
Reminds me of a funny story. I work for a Swiss company. We have two offices in syd and mel and we only see each other once a year at a conference. We got a new MD from Europe and most of the Melb guys hadn't met him so we were talking sport. Now, our MD role involves taking clients to a lot of different sporting events, we have a box at ANZ stadium and the Oz open so he had to get a pretty broad knowledge of Aussie sport pretty quick.

The Melbourne guys were all hanging on his every word cause they don't get much opportunity to brown nose (take it as read they all love AFL) as he was espousing his enjoyment of Jarryd Hayne and Cricket. Then he says "but I really can't stand this AFL. Disgusting game. Stupid. I hate it" (the Swiss are blunt).

One bloke, a kangaroos loving simpleton, actually spat his drink out. He was like "you. Actually. Prefer. Rugby?" and the boss is like "hell yes, I prefer anything" and all the Sydney boys are like "whoooooo!". He was never going to argue, so he just sat there with this dazed look on his face, shaking his head and going very, very red. He actually could not comprehend it. Couldn't cope with it.
Hahaha! Thats fantastic!

I can live and would be happy with a deal like 4 live and 4 delayed or replayed next day for nine and fox respectively.

For instance Friday night stays the same 1 live in NSW/QLD the other delayed and all 4 shared with Fox.

1 Saturday Live for 9 or even delayed, the others live on fox (or how they do it now) and replayed next day on 9.

Sunday live on fox, as is on 9.

Monday night live on fox, delay on nine.

Gives insentive for having Fox being able to see all matches live (expect friday/Saturday's due to same time. Yet allows me to see all games or recored them on free to air.

And fox would pay the NRL about 50c a year for the rights.

NEXT!

Billythekid

First Grade
What the f*ck is up with that stupid weight loss show with that old AFL nuffie and why the hell are ch9 showing it? What a disgrace.

Moreover why are they posting sh*t like that video about Lance Franklin? Promote the sport you have FFS.

The're copping the racist angle big time on their WWOS facebook page!

Which shows just how deep their agenda goes. Despite the fact the game would rate better than the crap they have on (especially on the digital channels) and despite all the bad publicity (being labeled a racist network doesn't look too good) and they still won't budge.

Brutus

Referee
What the f*ck is up with that stupid weight loss show with that old AFL nuffie and why the hell are ch9 showing it? What a disgrace.

Moreover why are they posting sh*t like that video about Lance Franklin? Promote the sport you have FFS.

Which shows just how deep their agenda goes. Despite the fact the game would rate better than the crap they have on (especially on the digital channels) and despite all the bad publicity (being labeled a racist network doesn't look too good) and they still won't budge.

And they've got that Jason Acabumkiss on another one of their reality TV shows.

We have to leave Nine. Give them one game per weekend at most otherwise they can f**k off totally.

Pugzley

Because they are f**kwits.

David Gallop should use the TV rights deal to leverage Nien to show all NRL games live to all states but he is a Nine lackey.

El Diablo

Post Whore
it would be good if there was a way the fans could hurt 9

if you had a ratings box you could but if you don't what can you do?

we just have to put up with these merkins and hope to christ they do not get the rights ever again

Flapper

First Grade
I'll just keep posting my stuff on FB. None of it gets deleted for some reason!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Guys not that it excuses Nine on this, but the game will also be streamed live on the web on the NRL site and via other devices that can access Bigpond TV services, so you can still watch it live if you're outside NSW/Qld. Wish they'd do the same with the trials!

skeepe

Immortal
It will be on Fox Sports 1 at 10:15pm in glorious HD right around the country.

It will be on 9 live in blocky, grainy SD while Antiques Roadshow occupies their HD channel - and even then only in a couple of states.

And 9 call themselves the home of league? What a pathetic network.

Then howcome it says your location is Melbourne?:?:?

Nevertheless, glad I dont live in Melbourne. Only have visited the place to eat the nice Italian/Greek food there, but that will be as far as it goes (before the likelihood of bumping into someone whose first question is "So which (AFL) team do you support?")

i havent changed it yet :p

Swamp

Juniors
The game is on WIN @ 7:30PM!!! Can't believe that.
What I can't believe is that this bunch of f#cking c@cksuckers have reprogrammed & put "Big Momma's House" on instead. F#ck I am pissed off, I have already fired off an email. I bet I get some lame excuse about the amount of complaints received because it was being aired. Their online programming still reads it is on for f#cks sake!!