What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why won't Ray Warren fly to a game?

Barkley

Bench
Ray Warren won't travel any further than ANZ Stadium to commentate. He won't fly to Melbourne or Brisbane. He won't even travel to Newcastle by helicopter.

Is he scared of flying? Or is his missing prostate causing him pain when at altitude?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...as-he-sees-it--ray-warren-20140719-zur2i.html

Calling it as he sees it - Ray Warren

My phobia of flying came from my parents - where all my phobias came from. Dad and Mum never boarded a plane in their lives. Planes would go over Junee on their way to Sydney or Melbourne and they'd always remark, "If we were meant to fly, we'd have wings." The railways' slogan was: "The railway is the safe way."

They had me brainwashed. Mum was very superstitious. If a knife was dropped in our house, the person who dropped it could never pick it up. That was a phobia: bad luck. It was a curse. She had a mile of them. Don't put your T-shirt on back-to-front or inside-out. If you did, you had to count to 10 before you took it off.

I recall my first flight, a trip from Sydney to Moree. I decided to catch the train on the return leg. Hobart was another of my early aerial excursions. I caught the train to Melbourne, loaded myself with a couple of brandies before the flight, popped a pill under my tongue and wobbled off at the other end.

Another time, during an airline strike, I was told we were chartering a DC-3 so we could cover a match in Brisbane. The last DC-3 I'd seen was full of bullet holes. I decided I had to get out of this trip, whatever the cost, and in doing so I learnt a valuable lesson. I told the boss I couldn't go because my dad had taken ill. As it happened, he was in peak condition. I didn't go to Brisbane and, sure enough, Dad got very sick the next day and wasn't expected to live.

Handwritten wills: I've done more than the average solicitor. Just about every time I fly I write a new one.

One time I sent an envelope to a friend with a last will and testament inside. On the outside I'd written: "Not to be opened unless the sender is killed in an accident." But the recipient didn't read the small print, opened the envelope and rang my missus to express his deepest condolences.

Can we now end this thread?

f**k no.

Been on a big plane a couple of times, scared the shit out of me. Was too busy trying not to vomit to think about scruffing in the plane's bogger.

Been on a Cessna a couple of times, funnily enough, that scared the shit outta me too. When you tell the pilot "If we have a problem, Ima kill you before we hit the ground" you know you have a problem with flying...

I'm with Ray, f**k flying. If I can't get there by car, boat or train, I'm not going.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...as-he-sees-it--ray-warren-20140719-zur2i.html

Calling it as he sees it - Ray Warren

My phobia of flying came from my parents - where all my phobias came from. Dad and Mum never boarded a plane in their lives. Planes would go over Junee on their way to Sydney or Melbourne and they'd always remark, "If we were meant to fly, we'd have wings." The railways' slogan was: "The railway is the safe way."

They had me brainwashed. Mum was very superstitious. If a knife was dropped in our house, the person who dropped it could never pick it up. That was a phobia: bad luck. It was a curse. She had a mile of them. Don't put your T-shirt on back-to-front or inside-out. If you did, you had to count to 10 before you took it off.

I recall my first flight, a trip from Sydney to Moree. I decided to catch the train on the return leg. Hobart was another of my early aerial excursions. I caught the train to Melbourne, loaded myself with a couple of brandies before the flight, popped a pill under my tongue and wobbled off at the other end.

Another time, during an airline strike, I was told we were chartering a DC-3 so we could cover a match in Brisbane. The last DC-3 I'd seen was full of bullet holes. I decided I had to get out of this trip, whatever the cost, and in doing so I learnt a valuable lesson. I told the boss I couldn't go because my dad had taken ill. As it happened, he was in peak condition. I didn't go to Brisbane and, sure enough, Dad got very sick the next day and wasn't expected to live.

Handwritten wills: I've done more than the average solicitor. Just about every time I fly I write a new one.

One time I sent an envelope to a friend with a last will and testament inside. On the outside I'd written: "Not to be opened unless the sender is killed in an accident." But the recipient didn't read the small print, opened the envelope and rang my missus to express his deepest condolences.

Can we now end this thread?

Interesting article. It shows that the guy is a pathetic phobic. He probably never finished high school.

Are you sad because unlike a lot of people he won't be spending the worst part of his career cashing in your Factory 2nd's comp?

That sentence is meaningless jibberish.

But I am not surprised because I have come to expect that nonsense from a high school dropout like you.