What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why?

My guesses:
  • Canberra accept that it is a middle of the road club
  • no great alternatives on the coaching market to contemplate giving Ricky the chop, ie: no one is interested in taking over coaching at Canberra
  • Canberra management and Ricky might actually get along as people ?

Don Tweddle

Juniors
I reckon the RL media is f**king weird like this.

It seems the more antagonistic a coach is to the media the more they love him. Wayne Bennett thinks no journalist is good enough to talk to him yet they all seemingly revere the ground he walks on.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think it could be a few issues in Canberra
* Ricky is Canberra legend
* He is involved in a lot of charity work down there
* They would have to pay overs for a name coach or take a punt on a unknown
* Players they need to pay overs for as well to get them to Canberra
* They have now came accustomed to not winning

Ironically Flanno would be the best coach Canberra would do well with, his ability to teach team to win the close games, even turning half those losses into wins they are finals team

shadowboxer

First Grade
Wow Ricky getting owned by that fat flog Riddell - wonder if Hadley wrote his comments.
Not a fan of Ricky, but they have had a shitty run this year with injury, idiot players, carney-esk moment and some pretty narrow losses.
2016 - that semi final win we had down there is one of our best wins in history as they were smoking. If not for a few dropped balls from our man edrick and they were on tilt for a premiership.

snout

First Grade
The side he has on paper.
Other coaches would be spotlighted daily for being outside the 4.
Sticky doesnt even get them in the semis.
Year after year.
People buy his constant excuses.
Refs.
Injuries.
Guys hurting.
Playing soft.
Textas.

Just maybe its the coach.

Latest posts