What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop given a serve.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
You may be right, but i dont think so mate.

I believe Gaz will be Captain.

As i said he "c" means little when u have other leaders, but I think the club will stay Gaz as formal captain.

Tru
You are probably right.
But I think with Graham and hunt in the leadership team .
It will ease the pressure on widdop having to be everything.
Hopefully he can concentrate on being the player we need.
Imo

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Geez, McCrone supposedly blowing up at Widdop over not supporting him to return to the team (less focus on Widdop and more on your kicking game would've helped Josh), Dugan being ill disciplined and pi$$ing off the team from reports and, of course, Mary the Mastercoach.

Recipe for a happy team and successful end of season run to the finals...or was it?

:thinking:
While we're on the subject of DUGAN,can't help mention the BRONCO game Josh had a shocker and then he misses the plane .obviously something going on there not to do with THE BIG RED VVV .

sammythesaint

Juniors
I believe Widdop came equel first in the Warren Ryan Medal this year (player of the year);He couldn't of had as bad a year as what many are making out on here.I reckon Ryan would be a better credentialed judge than many on here.
I just go on what I see every week at the game.
Widdop equal first?......and tries are always tries if the bunker says they are....and no tries are always no tries.
And judges like Ryan are bettter than us.
My eyes dont make things up at the ground.

sammythesaint

Juniors
Tru
You are probably right.
But I think with Graham and hunt in the leadership team .
It will ease the pressure on widdop having to be everything.
Hopefully he can concentrate on being the player we need.
Imo
Thank god you said.....the letter c means little when other leaders are on the field.
Because widdop is not a good captain

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I remember last year everyone including me ripping the club for not selecting Milne in first grade over Lafai. Hell, goggles even said he would be a household name one day! Well I guess we were wrong with him perhaps. He seems to be just another overpaid wanker not prepared to do the hard work to build a career in NRL. I think he has the talent but has a bad attitude.

Thats why the roosters got rid of him

dannyt

Coach
I believe Widdop came equel first in the Warren Ryan Medal this year (player of the year);He couldn't of had as bad a year as what many are making out on here.I reckon Ryan would be a better credentialed judge than many on here.
Just to clarify, Warren Ryan doesn't pick the points- the medal is just named after him.

Points are chosen by the co-commentator at each match, such as Matt Elliott, John Gibbs and Andrew Ryan.

Good point though. Widdop didn't have a bad year, but just not as good as we would like, especially against the top sides.

emu62

Juniors
Just to clarify, Warren Ryan doesn't pick the points- the medal is just named after him.

Points are chosen by the co-commentator at each match, such as Matt Elliott, John Gibbs and Andrew Ryan.

Good point though. Widdop didn't have a bad year, but just not as good as we would like, especially against the top sides.

Thanks for the correction Danny in saying that i believe the commentators you mentioned have a fair idea

Alec's-saints

Juniors
i seriously think we will do some serious damage next year, everyone get behind the boys and renew your memberships. even with a shit coach we can still make the top 4 with our sqaud. on a positive note we're playing all our home games at our spiritual home ground! i didn't renew last year, but i will give them one last chance until there is significant change.

FlameThrower

Bench
i seriously think we will do some serious damage next year, everyone get behind the boys and renew your memberships. even with a shit coach we can still make the top 4 with our sqaud. on a positive note we're playing all our home games at our spiritual home ground! i didn't renew last year, but i will give them one last chance until there is significant change.
I'm tending to agree with this, been Red V member 10 years, was filthy to miss the 8 this year. Like it or lump it we need to get behind the Club and with more home games at Kogarah and the Gong there should be no excuses about ANZ etc. sad to see some fans already wishing we loose a string of games in 2018 so that McGregor gets the sack!! And what bring in Dean Young or Ben Hornby as ultra green rookie coaches!! Get behind your team, support them and get the games!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I hardly think so, Widdop has been the major reason for our lack of success.
Weak captain, no communication, no passion, Mcgrxits LAP DOG.
Crabs sideways, never takes on the line, talks like a mute at press conferences.....a dead set fuc...ing loser of a captain...weak as shit.
Thats my opinion.....heartless player
Hunt will lead us with Graham. Widdop's time is UP.

You damn apologist.

Yes, it's your opinion, but can a single post be so incorrect on many levels?

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach

I am behind the team and will attend the games that I can(as I did this year). The club can take a hike for now because renewal is simply an endorsement of their continued incompetence and I won't be a party to that(no different if I held shares in a company and decided to sell them if I wasnt happy with the direction he company was taking etc.) I don't regret not renewing(20+ year Kogarah member)for 2017 and have the same attitude for 2018. Sure some will say 'he isn't a real supporter' which is convenient garbage trotted out so that is their problem, not mine.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I'm tending to agree with this, been Red V member 10 years, was filthy to miss the 8 this year. Like it or lump it we need to get behind the Club and with more home games at Kogarah and the Gong there should be no excuses about ANZ etc. sad to see some fans already wishing we loose a string of games in 2018 so that McGregor gets the sack!! And what bring in Dean Young or Ben Hornby as ultra green rookie coaches!! Get behind your team, support them and get the games!

Agree flame thrower
If we don't get good support at our true home games expecially kogarah.
It will give management a excuse for play them elsewhere.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
I am behind the team and will attend the games that I can(as I did this year). The club can take a hike for now because renewal is simply an endorsement of their continued incompetence and I won't be a party to that(no different if I held shares in a company and decided to sell them if I wasnt happy with the direction he company was taking etc.) I don't regret not renewing(20+ year Kogarah member)for 2017 and have the same attitude for 2018. Sure some will say 'he isn't a real supporter' which is convenient garbage trotted out so that is their problem, not mine.
if mary really wants his job he will get this sqaud firing. only time will tell

blacksafake

First Grade
Well said LG.;)

Life's Good

Coach
if mary really wants his job he will get this sqaud firing. only time will tell
This is what was said at the end of 16/early 17 and he got his job for 2 years. I don't know what motivation exists for him to 'get this squad firing'.
If anything, the players lifting for 2018 will come in spite of the coaching staff.

Latest posts