What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop injury

Brutalitops

Juniors
Nona deserves at least ONE chance. Like I don't think he's a permanent half at all but jeez he's waited so long.

They said I'm hoping for Field over Mann.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Nona deserves at least ONE chance. Like I don't think he's a permanent half at all but jeez he's waited so long.

They said I'm hoping for Field over Mann.

I also think Nona deserves at least 1 shot.

Here are his stats from the Game last weekend against Mounties:

Goals - 6 from 7
3 try assists
2 line break assists
5 general game kicks - 153m
11 tackles
3 missed tackles.

ozbuck

Juniors
If he is out for 6 weeks and we win 2 of the 5 games we play I will be VERY SURPRISED. I hope it happens! 1 win I see happening, not much else.

hewi

Bench
If he is out for 6 weeks and we win 2 of the 5 games we play I will be VERY SURPRISED. I hope it happens! 1 win I see happening, not much else.

I hate to admit it, but I agree. This is going to be very very tough.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Really disappointing regarding Widdops injury....IF he stays on the field yesterday we win no doubt....then we would be flying high with the mouth watering expectation for the coming games against Storm, Sharks etc...unfortunately that's not going to happen now and obviously is a real setback but we have to just hang tough
and put in some exceptional and disciplined efforts against the odds....if the team stays positive and puts in for the full 80 then we can get through this period with some good results...the last thing the team needs to do is fall into a heap...we showed against The Roosters that even though we lost our way at times we still took the game to the wire without Widdop for more than half the game.....I look at teams like The Titans and whilst they don't have a playing roster of stars they hang in there and have been bloody unlucky not to have won more games against top sides this year (and without Hayne)....And who knows Gareths injury may not be 6 weeks it could be 7 or 8 or better still 3 to 4....lets stay positive because with Origin just around the corner anything can happen to other top teams as has been the case in the past

MilanDragon

Juniors
Thank god there is a rep weekend and bye in there for us. Not ideal, but if ever there's a time to be injured at least it's when we don't have as many games.

Really interested if he can find the same form once he is back.

While not ideal, it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Giving someone else an extended run in the 6 at this point in the season is better than at the end of the season and that might just help if anything does happen again later on, we would have a player ready made to step in.

Life's Good

Coach
Massive loss. But, the game vs. Roosters, Melbourne & Sharks were always going to be tough(even us at full strength)so nothing in that regard has changed. It's the games after that, leading up to Widdop returning(Warriors, Tigers, Eels in and around the bye), where we need to be at our best regardless of the halves combination to get us back on the winning pace.

Anyway, the team has an inner belief that wasn't there last year, we have wins on the board so as I have said before, Rome might be getting warm but it's not burning.

Bench
Playing the Storm is hard enough, with unproven halves makes it harder. The forwards need to dig deep.

Belta

Juniors
As the saying goes; "When opportunity knocks open the door and embrace it"

It's time for someone to embrace this opportunity.

IMO it's time for Mann to shine, I'm betting he gets the job done