What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop "Try"

carcharias

Immortal
Steady on tiger.. Here I am talking about just making the 8th on for & against, and you've got us in the grand final already..

Ha
Yep you'll be in the gf for sure.
Against us

Imagine that
And we won it.
It'd be the worst 2 years of the Dragons lives.

Not sure my heart could take that gf though.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Ha
Dragons fans are getting excited.
Nothing better in rugby league than the Dragons fans buying grand final tickets in April and then watching them lose their shit when the team capitulates in the real games.
Sack Mary
Hire Mary
Sack doust
Hire doust
We need Dugan
We hate Dugan

Surely your team winning a grand final against the Melbourne filth is better than the imaginary scenario above carch?

carcharias

Immortal
Surely your team winning a grand final against the Melbourne filth is better than the imaginary scenario above carch?
Yeah you are right

But it's still very good to see Dragons fans lose their shit once they've gotten their hopes up.

wibble

Bench
I assume by 'marker' you mean in this case 'dummy half'?

In any case, DCE was nowhere in position to even be considered dummy half, regardless of who grabbed who. Bit different if he's grabbed, pushed or knocked as he's getting to the ruck but seriously, he was a mile away and there were other Manly players in far better position to pick up that ball. Not the refs', bunker's, or Nightingale's fault if DCE called dibs when he was in the worst position to do so.

DCE obviously learned nothing from Jamie Lyon too. Doesn't he know the proper way after you instigate something and the other player lays a hand on you is to throw your arms out while screaming to the ref, then falling to the ground for maximum effect?

Marker/ dummy half. Yes, dummy half in this case. You'd assume most tries with interference from one side would come with interference to the defensive side, so marker in most cases.

We can't tell if it was the ref's fault, or DCE's, or Nightingale's, (or Trbojevic's, or Widdop's, or whatever) since they weren't allowed to examine it. Anyone saying that DCE was at fault or Nightingale, or whoever, is making a moot point. We couldn't check. The bunker was not at fault (they never are), they followed protocol.

I thought DCE was theatrical enough there, and the great Jamie Lyon was but an amateur compared to Terry Hill. The very fact that players will carry on to get an advantage, shows that we should limit opportunities for "professional fouls", and having a "bunker free zone" does not do that.

bedlam breakout

Juniors
fair try no need to look at a player running back from in front of the play- manly were too slow and didn't check there was some one at dummy half, dce too busy been a drama queen- great call from both the ref and the bunker

POPEYE

Coach
Can't wait for the Dragons to play again, hopefully they'll do something to override this thread

POPEYE

Coach
I won't mention the irony of posting in a thread that you are waiting for to drop off the main page..
Yes you're probably right ol' mate, neither you nor I will ever influence anything in this forum

Emu01

Juniors
This Widdop try made up somewhat for the 96 grand final when Matthew Ridge did a short kickoff regathered Nathan Brown tackled him but the ref said he wasn't held and Manly scored under the posts. The score went from 8-6 to 14-6 a minute before half time.

The try shouldn't have been allowed and saints couldn't recover and lost 20-8..