What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wigan and Hull FC coming to Australia; First Super League Game Outside of Europe

Lambretta

First Grade
Thing is I can't sleep on planes,I can't sleep sat up lol

I prefer the 8hour hops Manchester to Dubai,Dubai to Singapore, Singapore to Oz with a couple or 3 hour layovers,get a quick kip at the airport..

After doing the 14h trek from Dubai to Sydney last year I got the 8h hops going home and the plane on the Singapore to Dubai leg was half empty so a managed to get a full row to myself...I lay down and slept for 7 hours lol

Valium lad - works a treat. Relaxes every muscle in the body including the brain
Then you just drift off

Lambretta

First Grade
Wigan played a cracking game today. Look forward to seeing them live.

As a relatively new week to week fan of SL im in a bit of a bind over who I actually support..
I originally picked Catalans due to the expansionist/underdog angle.
But I enjoy watching Wigan play and like what they're about - professional, ambitious, and low on Aussie imports.

Am I destined to be a two-teaming whore? God forbid London make the top grade.

Wigan is the best area for producing local juniors which makes me like them

As a kid I liked Widnes because of Jonathan Davies but I never got to see them on TV, living down South
I quite like Warrington because an ex Rooster went there around 2000 and then Morley followed suit.
But then Wakefield wear Red, White and Blue which I kinda like

I have just resolved to liking Super League in general and not supporting anyone specific

adamkungl

Immortal
Wigan is the best area for producing local juniors which makes me like them

As a kid I liked Widnes because of Jonathan Davies but I never got to see them on TV, living down South
I quite like Warrington because an ex Rooster went there around 2000 and then Morley followed suit.
But then Wakefield wear Red, White and Blue which I kinda like

I have just resolved to liking Super League in general and not supporting anyone specific

Years ago before I got Fox and would rarely actually catch a game I took a vague interest in clubs that had former Roosters.. Morley, Flannery, Fitzgibbon, etc

roughyedspud

Coach
Years ago before I got Fox and would rarely actually catch a game I took a vague interest in clubs that had former Roosters.. Morley, Flannery, Fitzgibbon, etc

I follow souths,1 for the English connection and 2 south's and Oldham,for the first 50-60 years of RL have very similar histories...if fact I'd say,at least we where 2 of....if not the 2 biggest biggest clubs in the world...even in later years we still parallel,when south's won the grand final,the same day we lost our league one GF on golden point...we romped the league the next year's though..

Someone wrote up a piece in our league express about our mirrored histories,I took screen shots of it and posted it on the south's board...it's a interesting read if u can find it?

Pommy

Coach
I follow souths,1 for the English connection and 2 south's and Oldham,for the first 50-60 years of RL have very similar histories...if fact I'd say,at least we where 2 of....if not the 2 biggest biggest clubs in the world...even in later years we still parallel,when south's won the grand final,the same day we lost our league one GF on golden point...we romped the league the next year's though..

Someone wrote up a piece in our league express about our mirrored histories,I took screen shots of it and posted it on the south's board...it's a interesting read if u can find it?

The Souths board on here?

Lambretta

First Grade
After seeing Leeds v Hull last night at Headingley I am all the more resolved to seeing Hull v Wigan in Oz

Coparugby

Juniors
I'll buy them next year.. pre-WC is a bit early to be buying tix to a club game in Feb
It’s the perfect time to buy if you wanna call up Ticketmaster and pick the best seats available. The lady told me a heap of the best areas are locked away for Wigan and Hull members.

adamkungl

Immortal
It’s the perfect time to buy if you wanna call up Ticketmaster and pick the best seats available. The lady told me a heap of the best areas are locked away for Wigan and Hull members.

More for the sake of my wallet than ability to pick nice seats lol

For those who have never been to a live British Rugby League game before you are in for a treat as both teams will try and play expansive football. A treat for the neutral fan

Latest posts