What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiki has Carroll in his sights

Iafeta

Referee
Please, do select Shaun Timmins - undoubtably the most overrated hack this decade. Step once, step twice, watch him grasp at thin air, try time. Thats the way Scotty Prince, a rookie at rep level showing the so called guru a thing or two.

Kiwi

First Grade
I love how people call Carroll a traitor because he has played for the Kiwi's before, in the world cup. But what people forget is Ricketson played for Irland with Campion, yet played for Australia aswell. The only reason these players played in the world cup for other countries was because it didn't affect their chances of playing for Australia or Origin.

If it did do you honestly think Carroll, Ricketson, El Masri, Tuqiri ( Which is another people were happy to over look ) ect would have played for other countries? I think not.

Personally I would prefer Carroll to play for NZ, but he isn't, he made his choice a long long time ago, exploited a rule like many others to boost the world cup some what and is where he wants to be. Get over it.

Iafeta

Referee
Kiwi said:
I love how people call Carroll a traitor because he has played for the Kiwi's before, in the world cup. But what people forget is Ricketson played for Irland with Campion, yet played for Australia aswell. The only reason these players played in the world cup for other countries was because it didn't affect their chances of playing for Australia or Origin.

If it did do you honestly think Carroll, Ricketson, El Masri, Tuqiri ( Which is another people were happy to over look ) ect would have played for other countries? I think not.

Personally I would prefer Carroll to play for NZ, but he isn't, he made his choice a long long time ago, exploited a rule like many others to boost the world cup some what and is where he wants to be. Get over it.

Errrrrr... hello? Ireland? Thats a bit different isn't it?

Ken Rutherford for instance helps Ireland cricket out, but its not like he's turned his back on his TEST country. Toni Carroll played for a team that is in the top 2 in the world, you can't then turn around and say, na, enough of that, I'll play for the other side. What next? Joey Johns suddenly likes the Auckland Harbour scene so asks for a dispensation to play for the Kiwis? Paul Rauhihi reveals how he's an addict of Coro Street so he wants to repeal his Kiwis tag like Carroll and play for Great Britain? And while that may seem a joke, just think of all the former and current Kiwi internationals in Great Britain, Joe Vagana, Ali Lauitiiti, Robbie Paul, Lesley Vainakolo, Craig Smith, and a host of up and coming players like Shontayne Hape - what now stops them from representing Great Britain instead given the sham Bennett and Carroll just pulled?

You can't have your cake and eat it too in this instance - he represented a top flight international side. You can't just willy nilly pack up and play for another international side. Or else you leave the game in its current international state - a laughing stock. Seriously, other games with international codes are deadset p!ssing themselves laughing at rugby league, and rightfully so. What sort of rules do we have in place? NONE!

I couldn't be fussed who Carroll plays for because personally I think he's like Shaun Timmins, an overrated nuff nuff. But I do care about our game, Wayne Bennett and Carroll have confirmed it is nothing short of a joke. They haven't followed the games best interests, just their own. Unfortunately, this will be a rude awakening, for if Carroll does play Wiki and co will give him some serious carnage, and even if he doesn't, this pandora's box surely has opened up the necessity for a better set of rules, and a more authorative international controlling body that oversees things like this sham of an international allegiance system, international fixtures being scheduled when players are unable to be back in time for their international teams, refereeing appointments and hopefully judicial appeals.

Coincidentally, Kevin Campion did not play for Australia.

RenoufPhan

Juniors
You guys are pathetic. What do they put in the water down in Canberra? So much jealousy and hate.

It's especially disapoointing to see some Aussies who are hoping that Carroll gets flattened. Give yourselves an uppercut. You call T.C. a "turncoat" and then you barrack for a Kiwi to get the better of an Aussie. Notice something hypocritical about that sentiment? I hate the Roosters but I would never wish for Fitzgibbon or Wing to have a shocker in the Green and Gold.

:roll:

T.C. will give as good as he gets. Wiki is a great player, but he should watch what he says. How many times have the Kiwis (featuring Rueben Wiki) actually defeated the Aussies in the last decade?

Maybe he should win something before he runs his mouth.

DIEHARD

----
I hear from sources that the Kiwis halves problem is so bad they will be picking 2 random people out of the crowd to play 5/8th and half back.

Make sure you don't forget to by a raffle ticket at the gate, so you don't miss out on your chance to wear the famous black and white Kiwi jersey. :mrgreen:

If you don't have footy boots, bring some tennis shoes, they will do. A jersey will be provided.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
the halves situation for the kiwis may look bad this weekend, but they are the only weakness in their team, and it is set to get alot better for them, as they will close up that weakness in the next couple of seasons.

benji marshall and robbie paul will be the first choice 7 and 6 respectively next year- and they are quite cpapble. paul will be the number 6 after this weekend too (just after he wins the sl grand final- go the bulls!!)

also, parramatta cold be set to have an all-kiwi halves combination, with the incumbent 5/8 marcus perenara and the likely signing of thomas luluai (?) at halfback. i'v esaid since thomas came into the grade, he needs to leave the warriors to make an impact, cos i know he is a good player.
if those 2 young parra boys come good, and benji statys injury free. that will certainly plug the whole in the halves for the kiwis.

also, vaeleki will revitalise his career at wigan next year andf can again claim his fullback spot.

Iafeta

Referee
coldhardbitch said:
the halves situation for the kiwis may look bad this weekend, but they are the only weakness in their team, and it is set to get alot better for them, as they will close up that weakness in the next couple of seasons.

benji marshall and robbie paul will be the first choice 7 and 6 respectively next year- and they are quite cpapble. paul will be the number 6 after this weekend too (just after he wins the sl grand final- go the bulls!!)

also, parramatta cold be set to have an all-kiwi halves combination, with the incumbent 5/8 marcus perenara and the likely signing of thomas luluai (?) at halfback. i'v esaid since thomas came into the grade, he needs to leave the warriors to make an impact, cos i know he is a good player.
if those 2 young parra boys come good, and benji statys injury free. that will certainly plug the whole in the halves for the kiwis.

also, vaeleki will revitalise his career at wigan next year andf can again claim his fullback spot.

Parra boys? :roll: Leuluai is still a Warrior

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
RenoufPhan said:
You guys are pathetic. What do they put in the water down in Canberra? So much jealousy and hate.

It's especially disapoointing to see some Aussies who are hoping that Carroll gets flattened. Give yourselves an uppercut. You call T.C. a "turncoat" and then you barrack for a Kiwi to get the better of an Aussie. Notice something hypocritical about that sentiment? I hate the Roosters but I would never wish for Fitzgibbon or Wing to have a shocker in the Green and Gold.

:roll:

T.C. will give as good as he gets. Wiki is a great player, but he should watch what he says. How many times have the Kiwis (featuring Rueben Wiki) actually defeated the Aussies in the last decade?

Maybe he should win something before he runs his mouth.

Actually won the corresponding match last year...

But keep them coming....30-16 wasn't it?

Wiki has shot his mouth off before games but As a Wiki supporter I hope Australia win but Wiki plays as good as any out there, and he probably will.