What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will 2014 be any better?

super_coach

First Grade
We will be a better team in 2014 for sure,we have a no7 for the first time in years,we have a genuine front row rotation and we have some real class in our no9 and a handful of the best young talent in the game. The big question will it translate into more wins???I think we will close the gap on the top eight teams but may still struggle to beat them. I think we need a Glenn Stewart style back rower to really make us a team to give the comp a shake

DanOz

Juniors
We will be a better team in 2014 for sure,we have a no7 for the first time in years,we have a genuine front row rotation and we have some real class in our no9 and a handful of the best young talent in the game. The big question will it translate into more wins???I think we will close the gap on the top eight teams but may still struggle to beat them. I think we need a Glenn Stewart style back rower to really make us a team to give the comp a shake
I think we need a genuine 6 to compliment Brooks. I hope Moses is ready come 2015 otherwise I think that is the direction our recruitment needs to take. Can't wait to piss Blair off the big dollars and secure Woods

Tiger05

First Grade
I think we need a genuine 6 to compliment Brooks. I hope Moses is ready come 2015 otherwise I think that is the direction our recruitment needs to take. Can't wait to piss Blair off the big dollars and secure Woods

Agree on all points. Blair on average dollars would probably go alright off the bench or as a back-up player.

The Rosco

Bench
Last night on Foxsports they had the pre-season show on WT.
They spent a bit of time on Lawrence, and boy has he dropped some weight !.
I'm no nutrition scientist, but I'd reckon he's trimmed down maybe 7 or 8kg. . . . which should be about the extra weight that Sheensy packed on him for his move into the backrow.
You could see the difference in his bulk when they showed a 2013 clip of him in action, and then cut back to the interview. He seemed to be a lot sharper in the pre-season drills they showed, too !.

Let's hope he has an injury free year. and this lighter frame gives him back some of his speed and agility.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Good news on Lawrence. He will bounce back to his best.

This year there is competition for backline spots with Korobeite, Richards, Nofoaluma, Lawrence, Simona, Tedesco and Rowe. Is there anyone else excited that our system again has produced another good young talent in Rowe, who from reports is bigger but has retained his excellent pace?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Fingers crossed Brooks is 100% fit and will have an injury free year.

We have the strike power and what is shaping up to be a decent Front Row. Just need to ensure that Brooks can steer the ship to wins

phenisha

Juniors
looking at us realistically. I would love us to finish somewhere in the 8-12th range.

get most of the young guys some experience and next year i would hope a top 8 birth.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
you gotta love these Tigers. mid last year I was desperate for the season to end as they were just terrible now 6 months later I'm keen to get some preseason games going to see how these young guys go. It's a painful cycle.

macnaz

Staff member
Ii think last year we could have won more games then we did but I put a lot of it down to disharmony and a negative attitude at the club. I just sense this year the players at this early stage without the Benji and Sheens plus new coach dramas appear to be a lot happier. A happy team playing for each other is just as important as having a superstar line up , 05 showed what can be achieved when young kids back themselves and give 100% . That along with a good year with injuries gives me a feeling we will achieve more then expected , and making the 8 isnt out of the question :)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think this year if we can finish no lower than 11th and not cop hidings (but dish a few out) then we will have had a good year.

2015 should be the year we return to finals footy and 2016 maybe our last tilt at the title before Farah retires.

Which is why its imperative that Luani be out back up hooker and gets game time this year.

R2Coupe

Juniors
I'm surprised the story on page 22 of the DT titles "A Town Built For Tigers" has not received more interest.

Jim Marsden, David Smith and Grant Meyer visited the Campbelltown Region. Marsden considers support for the WTs would increase significantly if it relocated its entire operation to the SW. Marsden cited 27900 new homes approved and another 34000 to be approved evidence of the potential of the region.

We need people like Marsden to stay involved and while I agree a relocation would optimise support for the WTs, I'm not convinced the continued use of Campbelltown Stadium is in the best interests of WTs. A new stadium and club facilities in Oran would signify a commitment to the region but also a new start for WTs. Your thoughts?

magpie4ever

First Grade
I'm surprised the story on page 22 of the DT titles "A Town Built For Tigers" has not received more interest.

Jim Marsden, David Smith and Grant Meyer visited the Campbelltown Region. Marsden considers support for the WTs would increase significantly if it relocated its entire operation to the SW. Marsden cited 27900 new homes approved and another 34000 to be approved evidence of the potential of the region.

We need people like Marsden to stay involved and while I agree a relocation would optimise support for the WTs, I'm not convinced the continued use of Campbelltown Stadium is in the best interests of WTs. A new stadium and club facilities in Oran would signify a commitment to the region but also a new start for WTs. Your thoughts?

A new redevelopment of Campbelltown Stadium (full length stands 3 sides - leaving the club end as a hill (family) could be considered.

R2Coupe

Juniors
That is great news! David Smith with the NRL's new funding could provide the $150,000 per game (or whatever the figure is) to encourage the games from ANZ to be played at Campbelltown. A solution which will pay dividends for the NRL with minimal outlay.

DanOz

Juniors

However they choose to capitalise on it doesn't worry me, but they would be stupid to continue to ignore what is the future of this club.

macnaz

Staff member
Weren't Easts building a secondary club at Narellan? If so, I don't know how it can be allowed.

Their CEO( who was and maybe still living at Narellan ) was looking at the idea several years ago but the plan seemed to have disappeared. And yes there is no way it should have been allowed.

R2Coupe

Juniors
However they choose to capitalise on it doesn't worry me, but they would be stupid to continue to ignore what is the future of this club.

Agreed.

The only issue I have is if we are to move more (or all) of our games out to the South West, we need to start afresh. A new home ground and club facilities, incorporating a junior training complex with close links to Holy Cross Ryde, Keebra and St Gregorys should be built at Oran Park. It is important for the WTs to establish itself in the SW, not Wests or Balmain.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I was just looking at the WT home site and they were showing some still pictures of the guys training. There is one of Farah at lock picking up the ball for his infamous blind side play (I think that is what it is anyway). I'd be happy to never see that play again, my mum who doesn't watch footy could pick that play now days....

Latest posts