Will it run?

Discussion in 'Punters Forum' started by eels81236, Mar 19, 2018.

1. eels81236

eels81236 Bench

G'day Gents,

I lurk this forum often. It is often a good read. You merkins seem to know about breeding so any guesses on whether this thing will be able to run? I bought 5% of him yesterday. Portelli will train it. It went to the stables today for a week to familiarise itself with the surroundings. Portelli says it is close to the biggest 2 yo he has seen, hence, it has been broken in and heading to the stables a couple of months in advance of his other 2 year olds. My limited knowledge tells me it will be a straight out speed horse but may not train on past its 3 year old season. Am I guessing correctly?

It is by multiple Gp 1 winner Dissident out of Sweetener, a Snitzel mare that was placed in the Blue Diamond Prelude.

Any thoughts...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm hopeless and cant get all images plus breeding to show but right click on IMG should bring them up??

http://www.darbyracing.com/dissident-x-sweetener

Haynetrain likes this.
  2. Lemon Squash

Lemon Squash Bench

Hey bro - very nice looking horse and bred to be very good. The Mum is by Snitzel and he could have sex with a broomstick at the moment and the offspring would still win a grp3. Plus she is a 3/4 sister to Secret Agenda who was a flying machine.

First season stallion is always concern, but on type I really liked most of the Dissidents I saw, thought they were all very athletic but probably more late 2yo/3yo types.

This guys looks a fair bit like his old man in colour and overall size but is a bit more solid and nuggety around the shoulder/girth like a Snitzel. Based on that I would say he looks a sprinter up to 1400 metre type horse, so similar to Dissident himself... In saying that though they don't always run the distance they are bred to.

Will it run? impossible to tell... People pay millions for the most perfectly conformed and impeccably bred horses and then they don't go a yard and end up racing at Tuncurry in BM55s. I would say though that this bloke has a lot of good ingredients to suggest that he should go pretty good and what looks like a pretty reasonable price considering his type and breeding.

Darby have been killing it the last couple of years, Portelli has a lot of critics but one thing he is willing to give young horses ago if he thinks they are capable.

BOL with him keep us updated with its progress will be keen to see how he gets on.

2 weeks, hineyrulz and Haynetrain like this.
  3. Haynetrain

Haynetrain Coach

LMAO

4. Haynetrain

Haynetrain Coach

+1

5. Haynetrain

Haynetrain Coach

Dissident was a handy 2 and 3 year old but really came into his own as a 4 year old winning 4 group 1's at that age so it is possible for your horse to train on past 3 years old if it follows in Dad's footsteps

2 weeks likes this.
  6. Haynetrain

Haynetrain Coach

Snitzel only had a few stakes performers as a broodmare sire at this early stage with Motown Lil being stakes placed and Mossfun(Golden Slipper winner),both of them were 1000m-1200m horses

2 weeks likes this.
  7. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

Good luck mate, it's bred to be pretty decent and it might go early.

Secret Agenda is flying ATM hopefully he has some of her ability.

2 weeks likes this.
  8. 2 weeks

2 weeks Juniors

Good luck mate.
    Hope you win the Slipper with it.