What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will luciano leilua be on the bench round 1

Will luciano leilua be on the bench round 1

• Yes

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters

mighty v

Juniors
Been waiting to see luciano do his stuff for a while now,and now with thompsons release it finally opens the door for him...

I beleive he is the x fsctor we have been needing along with a decent halfback.,and have a feeling luc is going yo have a breakout year...

He will be on bench for round 1 guaranteed....

giboz71

First Grade
Depends on pre season and trials but I hope so. Just provides a point of difference on the bench.

If Ah Mau, Sims and Luc can lock down the first 3 bench spots with Host replacing Thommo this is a good result. Ah Mau and Sims would be part of the prop rotation whilst Luc can be the ball playing back rower (and can also play in the middle).

We have options with the 4th bench spot. Sele, Lawrie, Allgood or Latimore if we want all forwards on the bench.

Mann, Nichols, Field if we want an extra back. Field especially would be handy late in games running at tired forwards.

possm

Coach
Depends on pre season and trials but I hope so. Just provides a point of difference on the bench.

If Ah Mau, Sims and Luc can lock down the first 3 bench spots with Host replacing Thommo this is a good result. Ah Mau and Sims would be part of the prop rotation whilst Luc can be the ball playing back rower (and can also play in the middle).

We have options with the 4th bench spot. Sele, Lawrie, Allgood or Latimore if we want all forwards on the bench.

Mann, Nichols, Field if we want an extra back. Field especially would be handy late in games running at tired forwards.

For me, Mann to left wing; he can cover most spots in the backline and has proved himself to be outstanding in that position.

Sims to replace Thompson mainly because he is an edge forward rather than a prop.

Bench
Ah Mau
Allgood/Latimore/Walmsley - if we sign him - we need two props in rotation.
Sele/Leilua/Nicholls/Field - depending on what Mary is looking for against a particular opposition. 4 forward bench, hooker rotation, spark for the last 10min of each half.

For me, Mann to left wing; he can cover most spots in the backline and has proved himself to be outstanding in that position.

Sims to replace Thompson mainly because he is an edge forward rather than a prop.

Bench
Ah Mau
Sele/Leilua/Nicholls/Field - depending on what Mary is looking for against a particular opposition. 4 forward bench, hooker rotation, spark for the last 10min of each half.
McGregor will have a couple of trial games to sort it out before we play Brisbane at full strength.
I think he will be very conservative as always.

giboz71

First Grade

Bench
Ah Mau

Sims had a good year as reserve prop. No reason he can’t play the same role and he provides impact off the bench. Host is more the 80 min player so he’s more suited to start replacing Thommo.

JDHD

Juniors
The way Millward talks about Luc in that signing video plus the departure of all-around-good-guy Thommo means this pundit says yes.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Latimore is more likely to play, and I reckon Thompson's departure only increases this possibility.

Sad but true.

hewi

Bench
I think Allgood may surprise us all, I also think that if he gets his act together Kerr will be the smoky. Height and leg drive seems to be all the rage for front rowers and I think Kerr has it all.

nontime111

Juniors
I think we have the squad now to inl a GF the second Mclameass is pinged.....sad but true...but watch the floodgates open the moment hes gone and we get an actual NRL grade coach....