What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Manly fall apart from 2013 season onwards?

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
another week, another loss. just 15 nrl standard players. depth in the squad is a major problem. maybe choc and foran are getting too big a slice of the salary cap pie. imagine if they had the injuries of a penrith, who cannot continue to use moylan in firs grade because the cap has run out. will soon be replaced by the titans in the top 4, imo.

You may be right, but have another look at their draw. They haven't played a decent side, in form for quite some time.

They have the Rabbits x2, Storm, Manly (A) in the next 7 weeks. In that time they have a bye, Knights away and Penrith at home. I'd be surprised if they pick up 8 points in 7 weeks.

Even in their last 6 games they have the Storm, Dogs and Roosters all away. They won't finish top 4 in my opinion. If they do, they deserve it. I think they will battle to make the 8 in the end with that draw.

Manly have a bit a tough draw too. But they have put in a good effort against sides I see as quality. Raiders, Storm and even the Rabbits loss. The Warriors have improved a lot in recent weeks too. I've never really felt Manly were top 4 at the start of the year. The D is great, but the attack is way off. If the attack ever does get going though (Perhaps when Snake comes back) things could really start to snowball. Killer and Gifty are key players for us, neither have been in good form this season so far. It is only a matter of time...

Patorick

Staff member
(Know it's pointing out the obvious) but we really missed one of King, Galuvao or Fa'aoso out there yesterday. Three backrowers on the bench against the Warriors was just asking for trouble. It's time to give Sao or Cunningham or someone in reserves a go.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Attack has been pretty shit since he came back, had a good thing going on that side with Symonds.

isaiah

Bench
dead man walking now, still in 4th but the 11th placed Raiders are just 3 points behind. 4th to 11th is becoming a lottery for the bottom 5 places in the 8 and manly are arguably in the worst form of those teams. even a team like the cowboys could win 3 more of their remaining games on the evidence of sunday night and pass you guys.

Wizardman

First Grade
As much an I hate Manly and hope they collapse, anybody writing them off is a fool. When they are up, they can contain any team and have Foran/Cherry-Evans which can unlock and defence in the comp.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
dead man walking now, still in 4th but the 11th placed Raiders are just 3 points behind. 4th to 11th is becoming a lottery for the bottom 5 places in the 8 and manly are arguably in the worst form of those teams. even a team like the cowboys could win 3 more of their remaining games on the evidence of sunday night and pass you guys.
You originally suggested the Titan's would replace us. Yet here we are. Still 4th and haven't won a game since you wrote that.

I think we will slip, but as long as we can defend, we will still win more than we lose and make the 8. Since you wrote that we have played 3 very large forward packs. And that is the problem, we lack the size. Our last 10 games, we face only 2 top 4 sides and one team in the 5-8 range. We also face Parra x 2, Cows, and Tigers.

Told you we would meet each other :D

This is going to be brutal. The winner will definitely deserve and need a week off. Bring it on!

eagles4eva

First Grade
Told you we would meet each other :D

This is going to be brutal. The winner will definitely deserve and need a week off. Bring it on!

Looking forward to an Eagles win and yes the week off is a massive advantage... Here's hoping for a good contest (no injuries) not decided by the pink poofs in the middle...

mberg

Juniors
As manly fans know, thier season was still successful but did not go as planned. Toovey as coach did a good job and maintaning everything, but can he make the team improve? Opinions?
Opinions are like assholes everyones got one.:lol:

hardbaby

Coach
Bad luck. Your guys over-achieved this year and did so on the back of a never-say-die attitude, huge determination and excellent coaching. Pretty handy combination of positives. Best of all you unearthed some fabulous young talent and turned some average footballers into really solid performers. It sucks getting beaten in a grand final but at least your team made it. Congratulations on a great year.