What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Melbourne lose 1 of their big 4?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Price, Thurston were there IN 2004, and didn't leave until AFTER the completion of the 2004 season.

Either learn to read or get someone to do it for you. That's twice in the same thread.

Evenflow

Bench
So, Steve Price, Nigel Vagana, Travis Norton & Jonathan Thurston were all there after 2004? :lol:

That'll just about do me.....or at least until you come out and prove yourself to be even more of a halfwit than already have. Hard to believe it's possible i know but you will :lol:

Bulldog Force

Referee
That'll just about do me.....or at least until you come out and prove yourself to be even more of a halfwit than already have. Hard to believe it's possible i know but you will :lol:
Fact is we lost those players due to Salary cap strains. The difference between the Bulldogs and the Storm saga is (also reference by the NRL) the amount of money and length of time the salary was breach for. I agree that the players should be able to take a paycut (if they want) and stay at the Storm like the Bulldogs did in 2002, but the problem here is the players were being paid so much more that taking a massive paycut for their talents is not something they would want to go through. Imagine Greg Inglis playing for $200,000 a year.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Get rid of them all. We still have better coaching then the rest.

The dog's couldn't even beat a 2-string Storm team playing for nothing.

8 million bucks on the sidelines and we still win.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Get rid of them all. We still have better coaching then the rest.

How could you know how good your coaching is? You're hundreds of thousands over the cap.

Your coach doesn't seem to be quite so good in Origin, does he?

The dog's couldn't even beat a 2-string Storm team playing for nothing.

They're all playing for contracts next year after the cleanout you f**ken twit. You think backups aren't going to be keen when given a sniff?

8 million bucks on the sidelines and we still win.

And the team that took the field still cost more than the Bulldogs entire squad.

You haven't just cheated by keeping your stars - you've also bought quality backups at each position.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Quality back-up's? Like Finch when no one wanted him?

No-one wanted him for the huge money he was on. Plenty of teams would have gladly taken him for the peanuts Melbourne are allegedly paying him but y'know "Melbourne offered the chance to win a Premiership". :lol:

Getting rid of him is the best thing Parra did last year - they went from 13th place to a grand final which they would've won if not for a bunch of cheats.

Now Finch is off contract Melbourne don't want to pay his asking price either.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Stop crying poopoo.

Storm turn piss poor players like from your club into superstars. They leave then they're sh*t again.

simostorm

Bench
How could you know how good your coaching is? You're hundreds of thousands over the cap.

Your coach doesn't seem to be quite so good in Origin, does he?

They're all playing for contracts next year after the cleanout you f**ken twit.
1.You think backups aren't going to be keen when given a sniff?

2. And the team that took the field still cost more than the Bulldogs entire squad.

You haven't just cheated by keeping your stars - you've also bought quality backups at each position.

Ive numbered your points, so i dont confuse you, which would be quite easy to do judging by your dumb comments.

1. What a bunch of rubbish excuses your coming out with.

2. :lol: He's abit wrong isnt he.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Stop crying poopoo.

Storm turn piss poor players like from your club into superstars. They leave then they're sh*t again.

Who have you turned into a superstar? Finch? He's a bit player at the Storm and now you're f**king him off to England. Some superstar. :roll:

There's only four superstars at Melbourne. Four superstars plus about 20 first graders other clubs couldn't fit under their cap (but somehow Melbourne could :lol: ).

Keysee

Juniors
I agree that the players should be able to take a paycut (if they want) and stay at the Storm like the Bulldogs did in 2002, but the problem here is the players were being paid so much more that taking a massive paycut for their talents is not something they would want to go through. Imagine Greg Inglis playing for $200,000 a year.

Agree with your logic. The problem with the whole situation and the reason I believe that it will (rightly) head back to court is if Gallop continues on his witch hunt. If Inglis is contracted to Storm next year for $600k and is prepared to stay for $300k but whoever offers $350 and he goes, Gallop is saying that Storm has to cover the original $600k in the 2011 salary cap and pay the difference to Inglis at his new club.
As you say above, the NRL set the precedent in law in 2002. Any other path taken by Gallop is fraught with danger and legal action. He should let nature take its course. Not all players will accept taking a paycut to stay, there will be natural attrition as Tolman and Finch are gone, others are targets.
The only other thing I would say is that Storm should have to get below the cap before the $300k increase for next year is taken up or it can only be used on 1st year players in 2010 being retained for 2011 ie Widdop, Duffie, Stanley.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
cronk >>>> parra

;-)

"The Storm fans have been hard hit innocent bystanders in the current Melbourne Storm situation. They have shown outstanding loyalty and devotion to their team, to the degree that any NRL club would be proud of. They are no doubt hurting and we should recognise that and welcome those who have stuck by their players.

Secondly, the players do not deserve abuse from any opposing clubs' supporters.
"

- Paul Osborne

Latest posts