What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Souths win the Wooden Spoon in 2017

I say yes.

I just can't see the squad performing well enough to avoid it.

We are 0-6 at "home" this year (home having been 4 ANZ, 1 Perth, 1 SFS). 4-2 away (1 was at "home").

We are horribly inconsistent. We don't have luck. At times, we don't look like scoring tries.

Knights and Tigers are one game behind us at the bottom. That said, we are 2 games out 8...but I can't see Souths stringing together wins to mount a challenge.

The next four weks we do have 2 byes for a buffer but play Brisbane away and Titans at home.

I'm interested in what others think.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Next season we will be in the bottom 3 teams again unless we start culling the 19 duds.

Sutto, Farah and Goodwin (body giving in) should retire too.

We need signings and we aren't really attracting anyone besides Gagai.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think the only thing keeping us from getting the spoon is Newcastle. In saying that I think we'll finish bottom 4.

southsport

First Grade
I say yes.

We are 0-6 at "home" this year (home having been 4 ANZ, 1 Perth, 1 SFS). 4-2 away (1 was at "home").

We are horribly inconsistent. We don't have luck. At times, we don't look like scoring tries.

Knights and Tigers are one game behind us at the bottom. That said, we are 2 games out 8...but I can't see Souths stringing together wins to mount a challenge.

The next four weks we do have 2 byes for a buffer but play Brisbane away and Titans at home.

Both the tigers and knights have now had one bye, Souths have two byes to come.

Pommy

Coach
We won't get the spoon Newcastle won't win more than we do.
We're in for a shite season but we will pick up a win here and there.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
souths have a shiiit team remember??? oh thats right shadow was right and rsag85 said souths can make the top 4 fug me saggy pants you got nfi mate as always ....Shadow...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why keep repeating the same rant 1000 times ?.
What's the point
The point is people didn't realise it/wanted to sugar coat things in their fantasy world and said we were talking shit.

Turns out we were talking truth!!!!!!!!

No use beating around the bush!!!!!

We will be in exactly the same position if not even worse unless we get the broom out and sweep out some of these duds.

We need another signing or 2 in the backs and a couple of good forwards. Kane Evans would have been a good signing. Parra ain't silly and got him.

If we get these few signings maybe we can finish 10th next season rather than 15th.

I knows we can't just get rid of all the garbage and it could take a few more years of pain!!!!!!!!

We have to get started somewhere though don't you reckon?????

Curns13

Juniors
Why keep repeating the same rant 1000 times ?.
What's the point
He deserves credit for just being able to use a computer at all. Monkeys haven't learnt how to operate a computer to the degree that he has and considering he has a lower IQ than any other primate, even repeating the same rant over and over is actually quite remarkable.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
R20 and Shadow will always try and help all of you dont knowers on here with our expansive and logical footy knowledge that we amazingly posses we understand its near impossible to be on R20"s and Shadows wave length because many of you dont knowers quoted souths will make the top 4!!!..But the real facts are souths had a shiiit team before rd1 so hopefully the sugar coating and fairy land dreams disappear very soon because as i said before rd1 souths had a shiiit team so R20 and Shadow were CORRECTAMUNDO NO CONTEST!!! So my only question to all of the dont knowers on here is are you still seriously dreaming of making the top 4 still??.....Shadow...

greg jay

Juniors
R20 and Shadow will always try and help all of you dont knowers on here with our expansive and logical footy knowledge that we amazingly posses we understand its near impossible to be on R20"s and Shadows wave length because many of you dont knowers quoted souths will make the top 4!!!..But the real facts are souths had a shiiit team before rd1 so hopefully the sugar coating and fairy land dreams disappear very soon because as i said before rd1 souths had a shiiit team so R20 and Shadow were CORRECTAMUNDO NO CONTEST!!! So my only question to all of the dont knowers on here is are you still seriously dreaming of making the top 4 still??.....Shadow...
Why do you fail to address the Head Coach??? FACT is that Maguire is a three season coach who thereafter wears out the players with drab repetition and grinding boredom. His management of the roster and choice of player retention has been totally pathetic. Is he really that DUMB?? There is NO ACCOUNTABILITY in poor performances. Maguire is like Jim Harbaugh: his physical style means that the players are MENTALLY exhausted and physically KNACKERED after 3 or so seasons. Juice of Life has gone out of them. Maguire has TENT PEGGED the players into the dirt. With more drubbings to come and as the losses mount Maguire will soon be sacked. Roster cleansing will follow close by. Watch.

BeddyUK

Juniors
I say yes.

If as mentioned in the other threads.... that we should blood reserve team players in the first team to give them the experience for 2018 then the wooden spoon maybe passed from the Knights to us. However, Madge isn't gonna do that for his own job security (no matter how fragile that may be).

BeddyUK

Juniors
Why do you fail to address the Head Coach??? FACT is that Maguire is a three season coach who thereafter wears out the players with drab repetition and grinding boredom. His management of the roster and choice of player retention has been totally pathetic. Is he really that DUMB?? There is NO ACCOUNTABILITY in poor performances. Maguire is like Jim Harbaugh: his physical style means that the players are MENTALLY exhausted and physically KNACKERED after 3 or so seasons. Juice of Life has gone out of them. Maguire has TENT PEGGED the players into the dirt. With more drubbings to come and as the losses mount Maguire will soon be sacked. Roster cleansing will follow close by. Watch.

I think Richardson and Rusty (forget Blake Solly he's a waste of space and waste of a wage) will finally have a sit down in the coming weeks to consider the head coach position and hopefully before the swing the axe they will have a sound replacement to come in and revitalize the club and the playing roster as I agree with people in other threads the players have been used as battering rams for the past few seasons and that can not continue as the rising starts of the team start to falter and don't reach their promise/potential (Turner etc).