What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

William Hopoate - most overrated player ever

hybrideel

Bench
Yes that's exactly what i said. I am fairly aware of what it takes to be a good fullback and i believe Morris is better in most of those departments

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm inclined to agree that Morris is a better fullback, but that's all beside the point. Hopoate has been fullback all year and the Dogs are top four. He hasn't stopped them winning games.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You would remember a lot more clearly when Morris was a winger because he has played there in every game this year.

And while I agree that Morris is at least as good as Hopoate at fullback (though very different), the latter has proven his ability at fullback in first grade. Even though not being Jarryd Hayne meant he wasn't good enough for moronic Eels fans.
So was BA moronic as well for taking the fullback duties off him for a struggler like Robinson????

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So was BA moronic as well for taking the fullback duties off him for a struggler like Robinson????
Hopoate was moved to centre after Takairangi was injured. That's because Robinson can play fullback but not centre, and we were short of centres.

Has BA sacked Ma'u from playing second row this week?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hopoate was moved to centre after Takairangi was injured. That's because Robinson can play fullback but not centre, and we were short of centres.

lol yeah ok, keep shifting those goal posts Pou just to prove a point to win another Interent argument. New you would bite:)l

Fanbase

Juniors

nah hopoate was just garbage for us at fullback but keep trying you gumby.
see you soon my little bald skinny indian fool

strider

Post Whore
Hoppas running game has been better at dogs .... but f**k me sideways i have never seen a fullback left for dead in defense so many times as he has this season ... its like he is anchored to the ground

phantom eel

First Grade
To be fair, Reece Robinson and Michael Gordon have shat all over Hoppa at fullback, when you consider how shit Hoppa was there for us.

He didn't get moved out of that position by the coach because of the fan reaction...

strider

Post Whore
He was no worse for us than he's been for the Dogs. He just got less opportunities in our structure.
Actually i think he was a bit worse ... i dont think he was ready from a fitness point of views, and was like a deer in the headlights dealing with the defensive side and hence never did much at all in attack - no supporting the ball runner etc

And im not someone who hates hoppa. I think he is an outstanding centre

phantom eel

First Grade
Worst signing ever? Paying Hopoate while on his two year sabbatical, getting poor value and form out of him with us, and now Seward's contract shenanigans means Hoppa might cost us while he plays for someone else...

Worse signing than Foran, who while on more money at least asked for a release early on when things weren't working out for him?

Latest posts