What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Manu

Anonymous

Juniors
If I heard Nathan Brown correctly, Saints are close to signing Willie Manu.

It was on Saturday night on ABC Grandstand when he was being interviewed before the Panthers Bullgdogs match.

Sorry if it's old news but I expected to read it somewhere else.

Rabbitohs profile:

Willie Manu
Born: 20 Mar 1980, Sydney, NSW
Weight and height: 104kg 180cm
Usual position: Second Row

Rarely offered the credit he deserves, Manu is an aggressive and very strong runner of the football who can cause all sorts of damage to a defensive line. Battled injury last season but should prove a real back-row weapon.

Rep Honours: World Cup for Tonga 2000
Junior Club: Claymore
Previous Clubs: Wests Tigers 2002-03
First Grade Debut: Wests Tigers v. Sharks at Toyota Park, May 19, 2001 (Rd 13)

Simon

Juniors
Yeah I heard this a while ago. From what I've heard the club is now chasing him because the Tyran Smith deal has fallen through. Manu is apparently on big dollars at Souths and they're looking to off load him. The same is happening with Dean Byrne. As far as the swap of Withers for Tyran Smith, I don't know where this leaves Withers, but I still doubt he'll be with us next year.

I think Manu will be a good buy as long as he keeps his discipline in check. An agressive back rower is what we need and it looks like the club are out to buy one.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah , As far as i know Withers will now not be at the Tigers in 2005, was just wondering if anyone's heard a thing about Lincoln??

Wobbygong

First Grade
Wests Tigers were never "in" the Withers equation. Although you have snared possibly the worst defensive winger in the game Matty Rieck

If the Dragons can't find a suitable "swap" player for Withers, he will more than likely be retained as a back up half/ hooker.

Manu will have to show a little more effort than what he has put in recently at the Embarrassment of the League's Premier League side.

izzo

Juniors
Manu's an impact player very good with 20 min to go and manu comes on makes a few bursts and is good at palming off people.

Nugby

Juniors
Bloody Machine Head, a couple of my mate's are headed to it tonight, I hung around here for a mate's 21st and he moves it to tomorrow night (doesn't care about the Footy).

Anyway, look at what we managed with Kite. The body we need, the attitude we can work on, the hair we can f***ing well shave off as part of the contract :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Sorry, wrong thread before. Cheers again MC.

Rabbitohs profile:

Willie Manu
Born: 20 Mar 1980, Sydney, NSW
Weight and height: 104kg 180cm
Usual position: Second Row

Rarely offered the credit he deserves, Manu is an aggressive and very strong runner of the football who can cause all sorts of damage to a defensive line. Battled injury last season but should prove a real back-row weapon.

Rep Honours: World Cup for Tonga 2000
Junior Club: Claymore
Previous Clubs: Wests Tigers 2002-03
First Grade Debut: Wests Tigers v. Sharks at Toyota Park, May 19, 2001 (Rd 13)

Anonymous

Juniors
lol. the avantages of the mod's merge function. ;-)

LU pretty closely with RLR actually. Brownie let the cat out of the bag on ABC radio Saturday before last.

MC

Juniors
Yeah mate i've noticed the ads both ways

It is the best magazine for the global tells you everything about anything!

Did he? I must've missed it...lol :cry: