What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wilson: Why I left The Footy Show

Nikki

Coach
I wish this b*tch would get over herself. Oops, better not say that as i am voicing my own opinion and would surely be contrary to hers and therefore is WRONG! I heard she was trying to shut down the forums coz people talk about her!

The only reason why she left the footy show is coz it took her that bloody long to realise she was not welcome!!!

rugged

Juniors
I hope the Footy Show dies a long and painful death......

Wait, that's already happening.;-)

Riddell

Juniors
wat a *edit*. lol no seriously i felt sorry for her to be put in the position of going on the footy show but now i hate myself for feeling that. fatty and sterlo were complete professionals and by saying that they weren't she has made herself look like a complete tool. congrats rebecca go back to AFL where u belong

RABK

Referee
chloe said:
Did you steal it from IanG?

Ah no, Bret Hart has been saying it for near 20 years. Ian G is merely a fan of his.

I like the post a few up.

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, Goodbye!

iggy plop

First Grade
Carlito said:
thats really despicable, two of the greatest players to play the game, as well as two great tv personalities, being called shirkers and layabouts. if it was so easy to do what they did as players and hosts, why doesnt everyone do it? Why cant wilson appear as charming and believable as fatty and sterlo? if you were to ask her, shed say its obviously because shes a woman. what a cop out. and now shes trying to hold them to ransom?

Hs this cow ever played any sport at a decent level? Netball for the north brisbane nuggets? anything?

You'd think she was the PM the way she goes on.

I have never seen a more f**ked up media person than this soil brained tranny.

iggy plop

First Grade
rugged said:
I hope the Footy Show dies a long and painful death......

Wait, that's already happening.;-)

Actually it won its timeslot last thursday night in Sydney. Beat the Amazing Race for the first time in a while.

Who needs the self-important gossip clown for ratings. She offers nothing of subtsance when a camera's on her. More interested in players' clothes and crap like that. Hasn't changed from her Tony Squires days.

gaterooze

Bench
Hmmm... she bags out Fatty because he "never had it hard" in his career (yeah, right), and then we find out:

I love my father (naturally), Bruce Wilson, who is European correspondent for News Limited.

That wouldn't have anything to do with her own career advancement, now would it? Geeze you must have had it hard, Beccy.

All she did was help give the impression that there was going to be fireworks. I'm surprised she didn't realise what was going on, her being streetwise and all.

They used her sorry arse. lol

j_tig

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
All she did was help give the impression that there was going to be fireworks. I'm surprised she didn't realise what was going on, her being streetwise and all.

They used her sorry arse. lol
damn straight! only reason ive been watching was to see her fall straight on her face. didnt happen on the show, but shes managed to do it to herself! cheers for that.

Darth Bobo

dontmakemeangry said:
I'd still give her a sympathy bonk though!.......

Unless your a butch lesbian dontmakemeangry than this post is just wrong. Take a good long look at her head (if you can).

Prodigiousman

Juniors
I don't think she's going to be on Enough Rope with Andrew Denton anytime soon after this blatant whinge... If you read the quotes in the Jennifer Byrne story you can see why she went down the hard nosed girl track, fair dinkum.

Still Ch9 worked her over superbly, they discredited and alienated their biggest verbal enemy in one of the greatest political moves in television history!

Dog-E

Juniors
Geez, I could only read about HALF that drivel...I cant believe this was actually PUBLISHED in the Sunday Tele!??!

She really HAS shown her true colours here - What a self-serving, ego-stroking, self-important COW this Wilson really is! And as for the papers that waste valuable colum inches publishing this RUBBISH - they are barey worth the pulp they are printed on.

Memo to The Tele and Rebecca Wilson - NOBODY @*@&# CARES ABOUT YOUR BATTLES WITH THIS ORGANISATION & THAT ORGANISATION BUT YOU!!! NOBODY.

Keep your petty squabbling & b*tching & moaning "He stared it, she started it!" BS to yourselves behind closed doors - nobody would give a CRAP if that's all you did all day long - But just keep this rubbish OUT of our media!

FFS

El Diablo

Post Whore
Since 9 have her under contract now I doubt she could go on enough rope even if she wanted to lol

They used her BIG time.

ibeme

First Grade
Her claim that Fatty didn't speak to her on the show is bullsh*t. He did on a number of occasions, and one occasion seemed intent on bringing her into the discussion. He said something about him going for QLD, and then looked at Rebecca and said, something along the lines of, and you'll be going for QLD Rebecca. Her expert comments were limited to not liking the colours of their shirts.

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
The Footy Show was going down the toilet thanks to becoming a school review standard variety show, due in no small part to the egos of messrs Vautin and co. Prior to the show Wilson sat in on, when was the last time they spent more than 5 seconds actually talking football? League needs all the support it can get, yet the sub-Benny Hill cr*p would guarantee most women wouldn't give it a second glance. Reading a fair few of the posts above suggests misogyny isn't restricted to TV either.

Ch 9 decided to do something to boost the ratings, and look to bring in Rebecca Wilson. Probably not a good choice, but it certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons. Any woman was going to struggle in the blokey environment of the show.

In any event it was patently obvious to anyone that she was being frozen out by the other hosts - none of them even looked at her during the show, let alone 'tried to get her involved'. One half-hearted link to her in an hour and a half doesn't constitute helping a new panel member out. Compare and contrast to the first shows of Chief and Matt Johns - entire segments for themselves, being fed lines left right and centre.

I'm not for a minute suggesting that Wilson is that great, but if I were a C9 head honcho, and the supposedly professional hosts of a show attempted to sabotage a new host brought in to specifically pull them out of the mire, I'd fire the lot of them. Overnight. In fact the most gutless aspect of this has been C9 themselves for not showing Fatty and co the door straight after that show.

As for Wilson herself, I hope she fries them regularly, as those 'boys' showed the collective gonads of a swarm of mosquitos.