What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIN TAKE OVER

possm

Coach
This deal could have been settled years ago. It's obvious Doust and his 'old boy mates' do not want to do the deal or want their contracts and perks preserved.

gonz

Juniors
This deal could have been settled years ago. It's obvious Doust and his 'old boy mates' do not want to do the deal or want their contracts and perks preserved.

There Qatar sheik also is getting pushed back from doust and his grub mates

Gareth67

First Grade
I know we're all sick of the back and forth, but there are rumours popping up again on twitter and Facebook that the Bruce Gordon take over has heated right up. Could actually come to fruition!

Looks as if that little fib I dropped in the moles email , about the sheik coming down under , is finally paying dividends . . .

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Peter Dousts retirement & departure would be quicker than this WIN partnership takeover!!
The problem at the Dragons is that management are more concerned about their own enrichment than the best interests of the Club. Always looking for the easy way out and always going for the low hanging fruit providing it does not upset the status quo.

We now have the once in a lifetime opportunity to link with an owner who has so much cash that initial losses would not affect him at all. This means that initial investments to repair the damage done of the Doust years and uplift the Club to be one of the top Clubs in the NRL is attainable under such an owner. This owner would be more valuable to us than News Ltd to the Broncos, Politis to the Roosters or the crooked deals of the Storm. He would not be controlled by his share holders and so can be responsive to the needs and aims of lifting the Club to great heights.

Bring on the Sheik, Win can be a TPA sponsor.

Gareth67

First Grade
Peter Dousts retirement & departure would be quicker than this WIN partnership takeover!!

Ever so right Coffs , I just wondering if it would had been better and quicker , if they had accepted BINGO the garbo company' s proposal ? At the very least they would had cleaned the boardroom out .

I realise that negotiations do take a tremendous amount of time , ironing out all the wrinkles of a contract / bid to everyone's satisfaction . However this has been going on for a eternity and everything was put on hold whilst Mr. Gordon made his play for the Ten corporation .

Apparently there were other interested parties , which should had their bids looked at whilst the Gordon/Ten business was being sorted . Perhaps that may have spurred the WIN corporation on to a quicker decision , one way or the other ?

I do most certainly hope that should an agreement be reached that the money involved reflects ( as so many others have always said ) the famous brand name of the Dragons , its great history and to where the Dragons could be once again . If only the new partner is prepared to invest in its future , not just as another acquisition , but as a premiership force .

Anything less would be a travesty to the name of St.George and also to the great nursery of juniors that have come from the Illawarra districts over countless decades .

Last edited:

RedVDragon

Juniors
The Shieks money will overturn the old boys. He will do a deal with the NRL which will be far too attractive to say NO to. Eg pay the debt with interest.

Old Timer

Coach
If the Sheik gets the deal

1. We will be playing all home matches at Kogarah Sands.
2. The current mausoleum aka The Taj will be replaced by a high quality Oasis style resort including Harem.
3. Mc Fooknuckle will be in charge of the eunuchs.
4. The club song will be changed to "Sheiking All Over".

Gareth67

First Grade
You fair dinkum?

Apologies Tony T6 , but no matey , the Sheik's bid was a ' genuine ' article by the mole .

And i for one , would be very pleased if it comes to fruition , with the right safe - guards off course .

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I know we're all sick of the back and forth, but there are rumours popping up again on twitter and Facebook that the Bruce Gordon take over has heated right up. Could actually come to fruition!

Yeap sure could.
The thing that would hold it up are he wants to get rid of doust.
Also if he does get to take over. The sooner the better.
He wants only 3 or 4 games only away from the gong.
In other words.
8 games at Wollongong and only 4 at Sydney.
It could mean no more kogarah games or only 3 games a year.
The other game would be ANZAC .

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
I want the Seik, forget about Gordon and WIN. They have had there chance and now there is a better offer before the Club.
We want the Sheik!
We want the Sheik!
We want the Sheik!
Give me an S
Give me an H
Give me an arrghh.........
When's the offseason finish? This sux.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Yeap sure could.
In other words.
This seems reasonable......what's the hold up besides bye bye Dousty?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
This seems reasonable......what's the hold up besides bye bye Dousty?

With any takeover even in business it can take a while before all the t's are crossed and the i dotted.
The whole takeover was put on hold because of WINs money was tried up with tens problems.
That seem to be cleared so hopefully it can be sovled soon.
But who knows how long it will take

Brutalitops

Juniors
Yeap sure could.
In other words.
Well seeing as the Gong is where the club trains and most players live, I wouldn't even be against leaning more games towards WIN Stadium. Definitely needs to be Kogarah games though, none at all would be f**ked