What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wing to replace Buderus for SOO 3

OVP

Coach
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15647763-23214,00.html

SYDNEY Roosters utility star Craig Wing will beat Test hooker Luke Priddis for the hooking role in the NSW side for Origin III if Blues skipper Danny Buderus is ruled out with a foot injury.

Buderus won't play again before the series decider after tearing ligaments in his foot during the second half of Origin II on Wednesday night.

The NSW captain was hobbling around yesterday in a medical "boot" designed to keep his foot immobilised and is still hopeful of recovering in time to lead the Blues at Suncorp Stadium.

But should he fail to meet the deadline, Wing is certain to be his replacement.

A source close to the Blues camp said yesterday Wing, who has deputised for the NSW skipper off the bench in the opening two Origin games, will get the nod ahead of Luke Priddis, despite the fact the Panthers hooker played for Australia this season.

Penrith's poor form has not helped Priddis' chances of a Blues recall.

Despite his injury setback, Buderus was still putting on a brave face yesterday.

"I had some scans and they showed up a couple of small ligament tears in the ball of my foot," he said.

"They are not the same ligaments that I tore last season which needed surgery but they are in the same area.

Advertisement:
"All I can do is wear the boot and stay off it as much as I can and hopefully, it will come good in time [for Origin III].

"Apparently, it should heal reasonably quickly so I just have to wait and see."

NSW chairman of selectors Bob McCarthy said yesterday the Blues captain will be given every opportunity to play.

The Daily Telegraph

salivor

First Grade
Make QLD happy and put Wing at starting hooker. I'd be much more fearful as a QLD supporter with Priddis as starting hooker and Wing still coming into the match off the bench as an impact player.

fridge

craig wing is crap

man wtf do the selectors see in these ppl that i just cant see. ok the pretty boy can run from dummy half now and again. but any bloody hooker in the game has that skill nowadays.

priddis has a good running game, but can pass and is a monster in defence as well. you'd have to put riddell in front of wing as well if u were looking at form, pigs has size and a hell of a lot of heart. nsw would have the advantage of being able to use him as another forward, and he killed it in city vs country.

bloody oath.

RABK

Referee
Wing looked extremely dangerous. Everytime he had the ball he looked like making a break. In the second half him, Johns and Anasta really killed QLD with their passing game....cooper and Gasnier actually got some ball unlike game 1.

Wing is more then capable of filling the role if Bedsy is injured.

Had to laugh at that run of wings where he lost his footing and dived into a QLD forwards knees, looked funny but it would have hurt. He got up though, tough bugger.

Jono078

Referee
Im just thinking... If Wing is starting Hooker then who will be our new impact player ?

Dean Widders anyone ?

Jono078

Referee
Oh yeah, Anasta could be one if Barrett is starting 5/8th. If Barrett is still injured and Anasta is 5/8th, then would you think Widders ?

RABK

Referee
No. I highly doubt Stuart will want to have a guy on Debut in a decider at Lang Park infront of 55,000 QLD fans.

Anasta will probally be the impact player. Barrett will start at 5/8.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Wingy deserves it. He's an awesome player reagrdless of the number on his back. Tough bastard, great defender and we all know how dangerous he is out of dummy half.

Besides, i feel this arguement will prove pointless as Bedsy will play for sure.