What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winterstein To Make Debut

Abz

Juniors
Source

Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes has named Frank Winterstein in this Saturday night's line-up to face Newcastle at ANZ Stadium.

Winterstein will replace Gary Warburton while Fred Briggs returns to first grade for the first time this season replacing Lorenzo Ma'afu.

Winger Matt Utai comes back into the line-up in place of Heka Nanai. Daniel Holdsworth has been named in the line-up after Joe Williams filled in last Saturday and rookie Aaron Groom has been called up ahead of Michael Sullivan

1. Nick Youngquest
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Daryl Millard
4. Tim Winitana
5. Matt Utai
6. Daniel Holdsworth
7. Ben Roberts
8. Charlie Leaeno
9. Corey Hughes
10. Brad Morrin
11. Nick Kouparitsas
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. Reni Maitua

Subs:
14. Frank Winterstein
15. Lee Te Maari
16. Fred Briggs
17. Aaron Groom

I called for Winterstein to make his debut in 2008 last year. This week, that becomes a reality :D

Abz

Juniors
good to see folkes actually dropping a player in bad form (sullivan).

good luck to groom at hooker!

I'm just speculating here, but it's a possibility that Holdworth or Roberts could be rotated. Holdsworth to lock - Roberts to five-eighth, Groom to halfback or... Roberts to hooker, Groom to five-eighth.

But I would love for him to be Hooker off the bench - Origin-depleted Knights, Groom fast off the mark turning their tired forwards around. Could be an interesting move. Folkes never runs out of ideas.