What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolverines v Tomahawks - Live on CBC

Evil Homer

Staff member
Awesome. That's fantastic news. I hope they destroy the AMNRL.

Last edited:

DaneCampbell

Juniors
This is a massive achievement by the CRL and a huge congratulations must go to all the people within the CRL that are making this progress a reality. Having the game on live television is a great step forward and will further enhance the professional standards that the CRL are setting. Well done lads!

deluded pom?

Coach
This is fantastic news. Full coverage going out to the whole nation in a primetime programme can be nothing but good for exposure of league in Canada. It will be interesting to see if player numbers increase due to this exposure. Are the CRL the most proactive governing body in the world of rugby league at the moment? And that includes the big three.

deluded pom?

Coach
The question now is, will there be any coverage of the first game in the Colonial Cup from Philadelphia?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Fantastic news, I hope someone decides to stream the game somewhere.

Not unless the FTA station allows people to watch it on their site like the French and a few others do.

Could someone in the know tell us if it's available to watch online?

Big Picture

Juniors
Source: http://www.canadarugbyleague.com/site/eng/news/article.php?id=10125

A nice boost for the CRL, CBC has affiliates throughout most of the country, and is a FTA network verses Sentanta where the Rugby League Show is on.
Exactly, it's very much like the ABC down there from what I understand. RL's a great fit for them too, since it's essentially the same Canadian game the Grey Cup was given to in 1909, just faster paced and more wide open. If the CRL guys are smart they'll have the field marked out in solid lines that are numbered 10, 20, etc. to reinforce the parallels in the viewer's minds.

druzik

Juniors
Right now I would settle for a venue. The USARL is killing these guys in planning.

The venue is the same one as the Donnybrook Cup, Charles Martin Memorial Stadium in Phily... had to ask around for that. Nothing official has been announced yet.

druzik

Juniors
Fantastic news, I hope someone decides to stream the game somewhere.

Not unless the FTA station allows people to watch it on their site like the French and a few others do.

Could someone in the know tell us if it's available to watch online?

I am trying to fid this out from the CRL guys at the moment.

paulmac

Juniors
Canada are impressing me more and more.Good work to all those involved.My bet is the way they are going, the Wolverines will be the Atlantic representative for RLWC 2017.