What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Womens World Cup

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
I don’t mind watching it. I watched England vs png, it was entertaining because it was different, it’s not polished lol. You wouldn’t watch some men’s World Cup games either if you wanted the best. The nrl you almost see the same tries week in week out, it becomes stale to be honest , too much structure.

DC_fan

Coach
I watched last night's Australia vs Cook Islands game and found it quite entertaining.

One try the Aussies scored (the 3rd I think) was almost NRL standard. The backline movement was all class.

The redhead Aussie halfback was a hottie except for all those rancid tattoos on her arms and legs.

Tattoos are an absolute turn-off in my opinion

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I watched the new Zealand v fiji game and that told me they can engrave Australias name on the cup now,the poms played PNG today and dropped so many passes you needed a calculator to asses how many.the kangas will beat the poms by plenty, I wish australia would drop the bearded forward he is a passengerin the team,makes very little ground when in posssesion and nearly always runs in a straight line,they can read him like a book.

Didn't see any bearded Jillaroos? Wrong thread maybe?

Nuke

Staff member
All the RLWC games -mens and womens- are indeed broadcast on free-to-air TV in Australia.
Most are live, but a few Womens RLWC games are shown later on instead of being live. That said, those games are indeed shown live on the 7Live app, but for free-to-air broadcasting, you have to be a little patient at times.
For example, there were three womens games played today. Australia vs England was shown live before the Quarter-Final of the mens comp, but the NZ vs Cook Islands and PNG vs Canada games are being broadcast on Wednesday morning and Thursday morning respectively.

Reactions: siv

DC80

Juniors
I read that rugby league will become the first sport to play both its women and men’s World Cup finals at the same place on the same day. Does anybody know any different?
Rugby league leading the way in sport yet again.
Not sure that's a great first. It's more an indication of a fledgling tournament. The women's FIFA World Cup for instance is a big deal and can generate substantial crowds on its own. Just googled the last one in 2015 out of interest, 53,000 watched the US vs Japan in the final held in Vancouver, Canada.

Golden point

Juniors
Lack of funding was a significant reason France didn't enter a team. Fiji, Samoa and Tonga all had an opportunity to qualify, however pulled out due to a ridiculous qualification process (held in Western Sydney with all teams expected to play three full 80 minute games in one day in like February)

Cook Islands qualified by being the only team that turned up willing to play.

Being honest, Women's RL is still in a very formative stage in many countries. Fiji only held it's first organised competitions this year, Tonga & Samoa have had a couple of years of domestic Women's RL, Italy, Lebanon & Spain pretty much kicked off their first games in 2016, Chile only just started this year (and the Women play in a mixed competition) and as for Russia who competed in 2008, no idea if they still have Womens competitions kicking around.

Come 2021, there should be greater competition for spots.
Thanks mate

Golden point

Juniors
Let us all be honest guys. If we want to watch a fair dinkum game of football we will not be watching the ladies play. Nothing against their competition, but if you want to see the best you watch men play.

It’s like netball. If you want to see the best then you watch the ladies.
Some of the girls show just as much skills as the blokes, especially the aussies. The game is played in a completely different style, a bit like the 80s. Front rowers are front rowers and wingers are wingers. There's no wrestling and the game has a Different flow.
I like watching the girls .
Rugby League isn't about best of the best.
People want to see someone have a go and show some heart.
These girls have heart just to follow their dreams and do what they want, not what society tells them is appropriate.
I hope it builds . Good on you girls!

Force

Juniors
The disappointing thing is in round 3 there was a high turn over of girls suffering injuries. The 3 day rest has taken its toll, surely the organisers must think of player safety first, I hope they do a better job next time cos no way would any mens team put up with that schedule.

Latest posts