What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooden Spoon

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Sorry fellas and fellaettes. It was a close run thing and at times we (Canberra) were very deserving of it but there can only be one winner.
images

Best of luck next season.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Never saw this coming after finishing 3rd? last season. Big fall from grace. The good news is you can only improve from here. 2012.

Eelectrica

Referee
Just reward for a season of sheer ineptitude. I just hope the Titans learn from this.
They're in pretty good company though with clubs like the Roosters and Bulldogs winning it recent years.

I still expect to be renewing my Titans membership soon. Just got to decide what I'm going to do.

badav

Bench
Gold Coast were absolutely shit house this year. Their dwindling crowds and on field efforts reminded me of the old Gold Coast Seagulls. Although its perplexing and somewhat difficult to put a finger on what exactly went so wrong.

Good thing they keep throwing out these 5 year contracts though. Nothing like locking up coach for 5 years and the team repay him by getting the wooden spoon.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yep I think all supporters groups from the Eels, Raiders and Titans can certainly some this year up as bad *drinks paint*

Titanic

First Grade
I totally accept taking hold of the 'Spoon with both hands. To have suffered such a season of frustration, disappointment, under-achieving and discontent without something to remember it by would have been insufferable.

Thank you to all those postees from other clubs, some of whom are breathing a sigh of relief, for your commiserations and in some cases abuse, I look forward to returning that with interest next year.

However, as a long-suffering member of the Giants, Seagulls, Chargers and now the Titans I can assure you that you never get used to it ... boo waaa haaa waaa.

Eelectrica

Referee
With all the new recruits Cartwright has to deliver next year. Not neccesarily a premiership, but the Titans wouldn't want to be any where the Wooden spoon.

If they are though, not sure what the Titans can do. I don't think they'd want to pay Carty to twiddle his thumbs for four years while paying another coach. :crazy:

natheel

Coach
With all the new recruits Cartwright has to deliver next year. Not neccesarily a premiership, but the Titans wouldn't want to be any where the Wooden spoon.

If they are though, not sure what the Titans can do. I don't think they'd want to pay Carty to twiddle his thumbs for four years while paying another coach. :crazy:

Even though we didn't end up with the spoon....we have alot to prove next year too with our recruits also

TheMoneyBoxMan

Juniors
Bad luck guys. I'm an Eels supporter so I know just how you feel. Both of our clubs were diabolical this season but not to worry there is always next year. We have both bought new recruits and hopefully we can meet each other in the finals! Keep smilin and have a great off season.

RedVDave

First Grade
Unlucky Titans fans you certaintley did not deserve the spoon IMO, however I would blame this for your season.

alpha-april11-cover.jpg