What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woods apparently offered 1 million a year for 4 years by Dogs

Shredder

Juniors
05 Im with you.
Dont get me wrong -
Im talking about the facebook tiger fans. The general multitude.

My son for instance will be upset if Woodsy leaves. Hes 8 (my son, not Woods).

Tiger05

First Grade
05 Im with you.
Dont get me wrong -
Im talking about the facebook tiger fans. The general multitude.

My son for instance will be upset if Woodsy leaves. Hes 8 (my son, not Woods).

I have a 6 yo who loved JAC. They will get over it. I just think we need to start running this club professionally and you can't get into bidding wars for players all the time.

Tigerm

First Grade
If not Woods, who to replace him?
Other judges are thinking he may be the next SOO captain.
I'm not sure ripping the heart out of the team will lead to success, not quickly anyway.
I understand that his stats are pretty good.
Last year people were blaming Farah, for all that was wrong, now it appears it Wood's turn.

Shredder

Juniors
05 we can dream -
For the record, I want to keep Woods - but hes losing my support with pushing off signing. Not sure its him or the manager, but regardless - he could just sign.

Tiger05

First Grade
05 we can dream -
For the record, I want to keep Woods - but hes losing my support with pushing off signing. Not sure its him or the manager, but regardless - he could just sign.

I want to keep him but he should have signed already as the captain of this club and we shouldn't be paying overs. $1m is definitely over and it will stuff us. It will stuff any club that signs him for that price.

They are all losing me at the moment. I don't care if they stay or go. None of them appear loyal to the club at this point.

simmo1

First Grade
Crazy money. Especially considering the Dogs have a decent enough pack, but a terrible spine.

Don't get the Woods hate though. He makes well over 150m a game, while the rest of the pack make nowhere near that. Who makes those metres once he's gone?

Sure, he doesn't have the aggression of a Fifita or JWH, but he's a workhorse prop not an impact prop. Those blokes have nowhere near his motor.

BrotherJim05

Bench
geez the knives are coming out. Woods is a club legend in the making. The same people who are bagging him now are the same that jumped on the Farah hating bandwagon.

If Woods is really being offered 1 million then he should honestly take it. There is no way we can afford that and I don't blame him at all.

If he left then I would bet the house that ET will be captain, especially as Cleary will be coach

Tiger Woody

Juniors
geez the knives are coming out. Woods is a club legend in the making. The same people who are bagging him now are the same that jumped on the Farah hating bandwagon.

If Woods is really being offered 1 million then he should honestly take it. There is no way we can afford that and I don't blame him at all.

If he left then I would bet the house that ET will be captain, especially as Cleary will be coach

Think ET has a player option in his favour for 2018.....wants to go back to NZ...Think after all the crap he will be glad to go.

Dont hate Woods,just think he should make a decision sooner than later..He is the club captain for gods sake,so not setting a good example....He loves his 2040 so will only leave for 1 mill if its genuine.
Every team needs a go forward guy,but although a plodder all teams have them...I do prefer a prop with a bit of muscle on him and hercules he isnt.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
A lot of players from a range of clubs aren't signing at the moment because they're waiting to hear what the salary cap is next year. NRL needs to sort this out soon.

magpie guy

Juniors
Guy needs a make over
Anybody who decides to look like him has serious issues.
Wonder what his wife was thinking to marry this guy...lol

Bet you're a beardless baldy. Remember kids, if your dad can't grow a beard you've got two mums.

On topic, Woods is a great prop and regularly carries our pack. Makes heaps of post contact metres, has quick play the balls and offloads when it is on. Having said that, he is not worth $1m a year. Only one is our squad worth near that is Teddy.

jadtiger

Juniors
There is no way we will be offering Woods 1m,for the life of me i dont understand why people are bagging our only good forward.Woods Tedesco and Nofo are priorities most of our off contract players can go elsewhere let Cleary rebuild from the disaster JT left us with.

Bet you're a beardless baldy. Remember kids, if your dad can't grow a beard you've got two mums.

On topic, Woods is a great prop and regularly carries our pack. Makes heaps of post contact metres, has quick play the balls and offloads when it is on. Having said that, he is not worth $1m a year. Only one is our squad worth near that is Teddy.

I have a beard solely because I am a lazy merkin.

Agree re: Woods though. I don't get why saying that he's not worth $1m equates to bagging him out though? No forward is worth that (except Taumalolo obviously!)

Latest posts