What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word of caution for those who want a RL channel on Fox

JK

The NRL gives options to Ch. 9 for friday and sunday game - FOX can't play these until later. It is not their fault that nein chose to withhold coverage in VIC, etc.

The friday night game is replayed Sat lunch so watch then and go out friday night.

You are right about disastrous effect on NRL coverage if AFL finds its way on FS1 or FS2.

Grantwhy

Juniors
syphon said:
of course paying extra for a new NRL channel would never work, the sport doesnt have nearly enough passionate support to warrant it.

Just like the AFL channel hey syphon ;-)

bazza

Immortal
syphon said:
the great news to come out of it is that there will now be AFL featured programming on FS1 and FS2, which means that those fringe supporters will now get AFL as part of their basic sports package.

It will be great news for the NRL for the AFL supporters to have to watch this sports channel and learn to love the NRL.

dimitri

First Grade
i cant stand AFL when its on free to air

why on earth would i want to pay for it

there should be an NRL channel and it should be free

legend

Coach
I think FOX could sustain an NRL channel quite easily and for people who live outside NSW and Qld, it wold be quite popular.

There are so many things they could do, classic matches whether it be NRL, SOO or International. Features on players from some of the less "glamourous" clubs and at least a half hour on each club with a pre-determined format with an injury update, lower grades update and a different player profile each week.

They could also do a website round up. :D Bugger the AFL, we should use the NFL as the model for success. Their coverage is simply awesome, even here in Australia.

They coudl even have a talk back show similar to Terry Willessee on Sky News.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I thought OPTUS or C7 still had the rights to ARL/NSWRL games pre 1997. So that'd limit what classic stuff we could see. Does anybody know the real story is behind this (this is something I picked up from somewhere which may or not not be true)