What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work together or implode ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubopov

Coach
I had a look at the result and see no issue with the refereeing.

care to elaborate for us all where the issues were, rather than just making flippant remarks.

I've mentioned it in detail in this thread ..

Obviously, my thoughts and opinions are not wanted here because I won't conform to some superior "etiquette" .. the Boy's Club is is out in force to bash the outspoken newcomer, so I gather I'm wasting my time.

Apologies for tampering with your toys kiddies ..

gUt

Coach
My 2c.

Things like grammar, punctuation and spelling are objectively correct or they're not. There's no room for interpretation. The best you can do is hope the ref misses any mistakes you make. You can also have someone else proofread your submissions to try to detect and correct errors of this nature. There's no need to be upset about losing marks along these lines. The only grey area here is how harshly a ref deducts points for these errors, but this doesn't alter the fact that the onus is on us not to make them in the first place.

Next are technical or mechanical aspects of writing something. Whether it be consistency of voice, sentence structure, flow etc. These things can be subjective and objective at the same time. Imagine Irvine Welsh or Shakespeare submitting an article in this comp? It might read like absolute rubbish until it was read out loud. I think a player could query a mark or ask for further feedback along these lines.

Last is the artistic side. Purely subjective - did the ref enjoy the story. This is not able to be questioned in my opinion. Well it can be questioned in a feedback sense but it can't really be disputed. If the ref didn't like it, they didn't like it.

I would be happy to be marked along the lines above.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've mentioned it in detail in this thread ..

Obviously, my thoughts and opinions are not wanted here because I won't conform to some superior "etiquette" .. the Boy's Club is is out in force to bash the outspoken newcomer, so I gather I'm wasting my time.

Apologies for tampering with your toys kiddies ..
You gave us nothing other than your conspiracy theory and opinion that the marks were wrong, but you can't write down why they are wrong, where they should be changed and such.

dubopov

Coach
You gave us nothing other than your conspiracy theory and opinion that the marks were wrong, but you can't write down why they are wrong, where they should be changed and such.

OK .. you want it .. here it is again .. the article written by Big Pete has at least 25 errors .. yet was not penalized at all .. mine had minimal errors and lost points .. Ref says this ..

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
you make tha allegation/claim, you provide the proof.

thats how every forum on this site works.

dubopov

Coach
you make tha allegation/claim, you provide the proof.

thats how every forum on this site works.

i won't waste my time .. you guys by collectively putting the boot into me have achieved your goal. I'm finished with F7 .. I don't need to be bullied and lectured.

Jesbass

First Grade
I think this thread has run its course.

I certainly won't advocate having an innocent party (Big Pete) and his writing dragged through the mud just because someone who is unwilling to accept an offer of constructive criticism doesn't like his personal score.

There are other issues at play here, and they've been brought up, and I hope they continue to get discussed in a constructive, irenic nature. We already have a marking criteria thread for that, and I hope the discourse there remains (for the most part) productive.

I'm hopeful that the cathartic release here has provided some benefits, but those positives seem to be getting outweighed by continued baseless allegations. Repeating ourselves will provide us with no favours.

I would like to thank all of the contributors to this thread who have been constructive, polite, and respectful. It's greatly appreciated, even if it means wading through emotion to find it.

Put the sticks away, fellas. This horse has had its day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts