What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

world 13 named

O

ozbash

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - WORLD RATINGS XIII 2002
1 Darren Lockyer
2 Timana Tahu
3 Nigel Vagana
4 Keith Senior
5 Hazem El Masri
6 Brad Fittler
7 Stacey Jones
8 Shane Webcke
9 Richard Swain
10 Stuart Fielden
11 Gorden Tallis
12 Andy Farrell
13 Paul Sculthorpe

4 brits,3 kiwis ,1 lebonese and 6 aussies
dont go along with thier picks, tahu shouldnt be there, niether should fielden or sculthorpe..kieth senior would be pushing it as well.

http://www.totalrugbyleague.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?newsid1040299731,83150,

Only 2 aussies in the front row??

Bit of a joke really, especially having Keith Senior there. Andy Farrell looked pathetic in the test match this year. Campion or Ricketson wern't better than him this year?? Hmmmm

Cheers,
Moffo

Ozbash2

Juniors
Yea I had the same reaction Meth.

Most of the selections were ok I spose, but to leave out Lauitiíti seemed a bit strange.

A lot to choose from in every position.

Apologies, i meant to say forward pack

And now that you think about it, where is Laui'titi??? Should be ahead of Farrell and Tallis for that matter, id even throw Nathan Hindmarsh into the frame. Had a great year with a bunch of nevilles

Moffo

S

SpaceMonkey

I get the feeling that this selection was quite heavily influenced by performances on the Kiwi tour of GB. Jones, Swain, and Fielden all featured prominently, while Lauiti'it was nowhere near as dominant as he was mid-season. I do think that Jones and Swain deserve their places however.

H

hutch

i remember reading that international performances weighed heavily on the decisions, which is why stacy jones was at half ahead of johns, because of how brilliantly he played for nz, and australias reluctance to play internationals. i would have liked to see australia tour the pacific at the end of the year but it isnt a perfect world hey.