What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2010 - Netherlands 2 Denmark 0 (Group E)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
He will sit on the bench and probably won't play unless needed badly. If they need a speedy winger to add some spark they will just bring Elia on.

Dutch will probably line up like this:

--------------------Stekelenburg-------------------

Van der Wiel--Heitinga--Mathijsen--Van Bronkhorst(playing 100th match)

------De Jong---------------Van Bommel------

Kuyt------------Sneijder--------Van der Vaart

----------------Van Persie------------------

Hopefully the Dutch can put on some of that quick one touch passing through the midfield to really light up this tournament. If they do it will be worth watching at 9:30 tonight!

Watch out for Gregory Van der Wiel. He is the 2010 winner of the John Cruyff Award. An award which in the last 20 years has been won by Bergkamp, Kluivert, Overmars, Seedorf, Van Bommel, Van der Vaart, Van Persie, Sneijder, Robben and Huntelaar. Van der Wiel looked to be headed for Arsenal after the WC but Barcelona and Real Madrid have now both entered the race for his signature.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
He is 35 and will retire at the end of this WC. He is still a danger down the left touchline. His crosses are as good as ever and set up 2 goals against Hungary last weekend.

De Jong and Van Bommel's are excellent defensive midfielders both are real terriers and will provide cover for Van der Wiel and Van Bronkhorst when they venture down the flanks.

Cletus

First Grade
I hope the Dutchies get up. I think I'll adopt them as a second team, love the way they play.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Don't discount the Danes. They have decent players all across the park with abit of experience too. Probably lacking a world class player to really go into the Quarters/Semis. However, they will provide a decent contest and are my tip to go through with the Netherlands in Group E.

weasel

First Grade
Panther_Daz, you do recall that Denmark lost to the Socceroos just recently you know? The very same Socceroos who looked like they were CPU opposition playing in amateur mode on FIFA in this morning's match. You better believe I'm discounting the Danes.

The Dutch should be too good. A smokey to win the whole thing. Danes are average. They will fight hard but won't be good enough. Not expecting them to make it to the Round of 16.

Ridders

Coach
Average game so far. Dutch don't seem to have clicked yet.

Denmark's haven't created alot, their best chance probably was that Bendtner free header in the box. Dutch have had some decent midfield build up but have been lacking in the final 3rd.

Is long range passing virtually impossible with this ball? Lost count on the number of long range balls that went too long for the receiver to get.

Last edited:

weasel

First Grade
Dammit, Van Persie. What was he doing there? One of my fantasy team trump cards and he seems well below par.

weasel

First Grade
Great skill from Elia just then, but Van Persie, should have just hit that, not taken a touch.

weasel

First Grade
2-0 in the end, was a pretty mediocre game, but Elia added a lot of spark at the end.

Ridders

Coach
Comfortable win for the Dutch I guess.

Poor Elia. Slight touch by Sorensen might have denied him a goal on debut.

Latest posts