What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Betting Thread

Macca_

Coach
Here's a thread to keep all the World Cup betting seperate from the other multi thread...

I'll be putting this one on tomorrow. Centrebet has these 4 options for head to head top scorer in the WC.

Ballack $3 (ger) vs Lampard $3.50 (eng) (tie $2.05)
Henry $2.20 (fra) vs Van Nistlerooy $2.75 (ned) (tie $3.50)
Viduka $3.15 (aus) vs Yorke $3.40 (tri) (tie $1.95)
Ronaldo $3.25 (bra) vs Adriano $3.35 (bra) (tie $2.00)

I'm going with - Ballack, Henry, Tie, Adriano @ $43.11 ($10 on).

Macca_

Coach
The bet or the thread... :lol:

I like Ballack to win that. Germany should top that group and score some goals. Poms will have it a bit tougher.

Henry, well he picks himself :D

Viddy and Dwight... Not expecting a goal from Trinidad and Tobago, so may even change that to Viduka and hope he nets 1...

Adriano over Ronaldo is a toughie.

Macca_

Coach
:lol: Centrebet has these options under - World Cup - Group Match Specials.

First Team To Kick Off
Exact Number of Goals
First Corner Kick
First Goal Kick
First Throw In
Highest Scoring Half Of Match
Time Of First Goal
Will The First Team To Score Win?
Will There Be A Penalty In The Game
Will There Be A Red Card In The Match

Macca_

Coach
Macca_ said:
Ballack $3 (ger) vs Lampard $3.50 (eng) (tie $2.05)
Henry $2.20 (fra) vs Van Nistlerooy $2.75 (ned) (tie $3.50)
Viduka $3.15 (aus) vs Yorke $3.40 (tri) (tie $1.95)
Ronaldo $3.25 (bra) vs Adriano $3.35 (bra) (tie $2.00)

I'm going with - Ballack, Henry, Tie, Adriano @ $43.11 ($10 on).
Damn it!!! They have a competitor dependency and can't be put together. Centrebet sucks! :lol:

Macca_

Coach
Well there's hope yet... I emailed them to ask why that was the case and got this reply -

As far as multi - bets on
the top goal scorer head to heads, this is not allowed by the set up of our
system. We are looking into a way around this, and you may be able to take
these as a multi in the near future.

Macca_

Coach
Anyone know what this option means -

'Draw - No Bet'

Germany (DNB) $1.02
Costa Rica (DNB) - $10.00

How's that work?

Nuffs

Bench
i'm not sure if it's right or not, but i think it may mean that if the game ends in a draw then all bets are refunded

and i'll have a look at the odds later in the week and put some bets on here

Macca_

Coach
Ok, I've unloaded $40 out of me humby for the shirt :lol:

World Cup - Group Winner - Group A Winner - GERMANY Win 1.40
World Cup - Group Winner - Group C Winner - NETHERLANDS Win 2.40
World Cup - Group Winner - Group D Winner - PORTUGAL Win 1.80
World Cup - Group Winner - Group E Winner - CZECH REPUBLIC Win 3.00
World Cup - Group Winner - Group G Winner - FRANCE Win 1.40
$10 on for return of $254.02

World Cup - Championship - Winner - CZECH REPUBLIC Win
$10 on for return of $310.00

World Cup - Tournament Top Goal Scorer (Golden Shoe) - Winner - HENRY, Thierry (France) Win
$20 on for return of $280.00

Macca_

Coach
A smokey!

World Cup - Make The Final - Final Quinella - CZECH REPUBLIC & PORTUGAL
$5 on for return of $2200.00

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Macca_ said:
A smokey!

World Cup - Make The Final - Final Quinella - CZECH REPUBLIC & PORTUGAL
$5 on for return of $2200.00

Did you have a look and predict this, or just think these two teams might make the final, it could be a waste of money because they might draw each other in an earlier round so they can't play each other in the final

Macca_

Coach
willvillain said:
That's a huge smokey. Thats bushfire levels of smoke.
Well I wouldn't go that far :D

Both sides have plenty of quality. Should they both top their group (which I think they will) they don't meet till the final. The Czechs are number 2 in the world whilst the Portugese were impressive at the 2004 European Championships.

Macca_

Coach
juggalo_strit said:
Did you have a look and predict this, or just think these two teams might make the final, it could be a waste of money because they might draw each other in an earlier round so they can't play each other in the final
Yeah checked it. If they top their groups they can't meet. However if Czechs come 2nd they can meet in the semi.

I got a neat world cup spreadsheet that does it all for you if anyone wants it... PM your email to me.

Macca_

Coach
One for the opening games -

World Cup - Group Matches - GERMANY v COSTA RICA - Halftime/Fulltime Double - GERMANY / GERMANY Win 1.65
World Cup - Group Matches - POLAND v ECUADOR - Total Goal Score - Under 2.5 Win 1.62
World Cup - Group Matches - ENGLAND v PARAGUAY - Head To Head - ENGLAND Win 1.58
World Cup - Group Matches - SWEDEN v TRINIDAD & TOBAGO - Halftime/Fulltime Double - SWEDEN / SWEDEN Win 1.65
World Cup - Group Matches - MEXICO v IRAN - Halftime/Fulltime Double - MEXICO / MEXICO Win 2.25
World Cup - Group Matches - CZECH REPUBLIC v USA - Head To Head - CZECH REPUBLIC Win 2.00
$10 on for return of $313.59

Macca_

Coach
Macca_ said:
Yeah checked it. If they top their groups they can't meet. However if Czechs come 2nd they can meet in the semi.

I got a neat world cup spreadsheet that does it all for you if anyone wants it... PM your email to me.
Actually if either of them come 2nd in their group and the other wins, they can then meet in the semi finals.

Should they both top their group or both come second, they can't meet till the final.

Only only worked it out on the otpion of them topping the group... Cause they will :D

Latest posts