What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Footy Show

Raider Ultra

Bench
redVgirl said:
HOWEVER i would say 90% of socceroo fans are total bandwagon jumpers. no one cared about soccer when we were crap did they.
Is that so? Well me and most of my mates have been following the Socceroos since the early 90s...

Rammo

Juniors
So they say they want the footy show guys to get off the bandwagon, but then they have a cry when their sport gets no media coverage in Australia.

You can't have it both ways you dickheads, if you want people off the bandwagon then fine, but don't come crying back to the same networks when they completely turn their back on the game once the world cup ends.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Meh...I have always liked the AFL Footy Show. I watched the whole thing on DVD this morning, my sister recorded it. I thought it was reasonable. I like Newman, Brownless, Trevor, and Lyon so I liked their input. I thought the NRL should have got more input though. However, can someone tell me why Fitzsimons was even there!

Razor

Coach
However, can someone tell me why Fitzsimons was even there!

A tax-payer funded holiday. Since it was work related all the people who went can claim the trip/accomodation/food/etc on tax.

Breadman

Juniors
Would've much preferred Fitzsimmons get spat on.
I thought the combo of him and Newman could lead to some heated discussion, was there any tension between panel members?

Woods99

Juniors
Green Machine said:
You’d think if that if you were going to a segment with a fat former Australian Rules player exposing himself in a public place, they would have brought in a professional like Rex Hunt!

Or Craig Gower. Okay, he's not fat, but very experienced at public exposure.

mark123

Juniors
i have no sympathy for the footy shows about this.

They went over there....as rival codes....and made money out of soccer...which mind you....all it does it support and pay for rival commentators and a rival network, who never did any of it for the benifit of soccer.

All they did was cash in.

Yeah i know, the exposure....but forget that...what do you think the first thing some guy is going to think about when aggitated by the above.

Channel 9 are money making heartless souls.

Its all for the packer family so they can wine and dine, and drive rich cars and live a life of luxury, and run big business. (all the good stuff)....

Looks good on Mcguires monthly reports.

I do have sympathy for soccer, being shamelessly exploited.

Get lost footy show...i wish it had already ended, and the commentators contracts torn up.

THEY DONT COMMENTATE.......they actually opinionate.

Its poison, its unwanted, and most people dont know how terrible and loathsome it is until you point it out.....

guess what...ch9 commentors - especially one in particular- are mind-fkers.

They want to tell you.....unlike me who has told you one thing....those guys want you to see everything as they see it.

Yes. To what end, who knows.....but they are....

they opinionate. they are poison....

it can be proved in a court of law....evidence against me is as flimsy as the draft. You should turn them off or get out to the game.

Soccer commentators....now if Neumann wasnt hitting people, he could have asked questions about soccer commentators (who i swear must be regulated by fifa or something! lol learn ch9 or nrl learn!) and spread the word and made better viewing for everyone....

this is something sam and the others are capable of, yet for reasons no one knows, seem to forget.

donkey|rope

Juniors
The AFL Footy Show guys are atrocious; I can't believe how many times I've read on this forum how good they supposedly are. You really have to be some kind of inanimate object when Paul ‘The Fat Man’ Vautin eclipses you for screen presence and charisma while managing to speak into the wrong camera and misreading all two words on a cue card.

redVgirl

Juniors
Raider Ultra said:
Is that so? Well me and most of my mates have been following the Socceroos since the early 90s...

yeh so ur in the 10%.

mark123 your post totally creeped me out.

redVgirl

Juniors
some of the sentences read like a crazy persons rantings...'they are poison'.

ANYWAY why are people suprised channel 9 got it on the soccer?? how do u think packer made so much money in the first place? by ignoring opportunities? its just business.

Latest posts